Modellers Speakers/PA thread

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
So as theres been a thing of people using helix etc, i thought it be useful for just a thread on this. Whos using what for modellers? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Mesa 2:90 into Mesa 2x12
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3040
    I'm using helix into HK Audio L5 112 XA

Also using the same speakers as tops for FoH as part of the Linear 5 Power Pack.

R.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28111
    I have a Helix into a pair of Presonus Eris E8 monitors, just for home use. They work very nicely.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Either Yamaha DXR10 (fantastic) or a DB Technologies B-hype 8 (pretty good and small and light) for live use, and some Dynaudio BM5a for home use when recording
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Helix into a QSC K8.2, which is excellent. I’ve got a DXR10 too, but haven’t used it since the QSC arrived.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    AxeFX into Matrix Q12 for monitoring, with a pair of Mackie SRM450s for the PA. There might be  better sounding powered speakers, but that’s what I’ve got. I’m not chasing the latest and greatest.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • I'm going Helix direct to PA and using a DXR10 for onstage...sometimes as a floor monitor and sometimes on a stand behind me, depending on the stage set up. 
    There's a Facebook post link here if anyone is interested to hear what the direct out front sound is like. This was from our gig last week and has a few short vid clips of varying quality! It's a medium gain type of patch and although i think there are some subtle differences to adjust to as far as onstage sound goes, I don't really hear much difference out front from when I was using my valve amp and I think I can count myself as a digital/FRFR  convert now
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1621225391298675&id=150854561669106

@stinkfoot. Sounds great!
  • John_A said:
    Thanks @John_A ;. I can admit to following some of your posts on here before taking the Helix/FRFR leap. It's quite a big step for us traditional valve guys so it's a good source of reassurance when you read about other people's first hand experience before giving it a go!
  • Axe FX 2 XL spdif into RME babyface pro into 2x Genelec 8020 for home. straight into 2x Yamaha DXR10 when out and about.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Stinkfoot said:
    John_A said:
    Thanks @John_A ;. I can admit to following some of your posts on here before taking the Helix/FRFR leap. It's quite a big step for us traditional valve guys so it's a good source of reassurance when you read about other people's first hand experience before giving it a go!
    For me it wasn't really a big step in the end, I intended to use it initially as FX only, but set up a patch with an amp in to see what it sounded like.  Gigged it a few days after buying it, and have never used an amp since :)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited January 2018
    Helix through Mesa Express 5:25+ effects only

Helix through Event TR8 near fields for quiet playing/recording using amp models and effects.

I have tried FRFR, both the Atomic CLR and Yamaha DXR10, and couldn't get on with the "hi-fi" sound, guitar through them just doesn't sound fat warm and meaty like I want to hear in the room.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2392
    AX8 into 2 DXR10's, running a pseudo-wDw setup. Sounds great!
  • Rocktron Velocity 120 into a Matrix NL212 cab.

Although...as soon as it's released, the Velocity will be relegated to backup duties and I'll have a Mooer Tube Engine providing the power.
    <space for hire>
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88

Helix rack into a Matrix GT1000 feeding a Marshall 2 x12". Not gigged it but have used it at jam nights.

Need to get FRFR though (I think)

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    So, I took a trip today and tried the Helix via a Alto 212 and Yamaha Dxr10. Hands down, Yamaha was amazing. Also got to play a floral pattern Premium Jem and i was in hog heaven. So .. ill be ordering the Yamaha next week for sure..
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    So my Yamaha is arriving today ...cited!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    edited February 2018
    Helix into Stereo Mission Gemini 2 Twin FRFR..........the best of all the frfr cabs