SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro 1991

What's Hot

Comments

• NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    RevMatt said:
    Indeed, albeit an unofficial one focussing on guitars produced in the 90s:

https://patrickeggleguitars.org/smf/index.php
    Thanks for that. I'll have a look!
    I've had that one ages darling
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    @maltingsaudio - you’re not Doug from Sandco are you?
  • Parker said:
    Guilty as charged
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    I had a 95 Berlin Standard with wrongly numbered paperwork. I've always assumed when I bought it the guy went out the back and just grabbed the first case he came to, with paperwork belonging to another guitar. I remember getting a letter in the post thanking me for my purchase from Patrick Eggle guitars. Thought that was nice:)
    Yep. There seems to be a few like that from the hand built era
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    edited April 2019
    RevMatt said:

Going to tag @RevMatt in this
    On the question of serial numbers beginning at 500, this is thought to be correct and general evidence supports this, with the exception perhaps of the original run of JS Legends which definitely started at no. 1.
    Just a bit of an addition to my previous response,  whilst I've heard the suggestion before that serial numbering began at 500, there are some other factors to consider:

Firstly,  serial number runs were unique to different models, so using this guitar as an example,  being no.  73 doesn't necessarily imply that it was the 73rd Eggle made,  but it may have been the 73rd Berlin Pro. 

Secondly, I have seen some examples with serial numbers lower than 500, e.g. a mate of mine owns a Vienna in the 300s.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are lots of anomolies, so you have to add a small serving of salt to the 'facts'. 
    Actually it'll be the 74th Berlin Pro if 500 is number 1  =)
  • RevMatt said:
    RevMatt said:

Going to tag @RevMatt in this
    On the question of serial numbers beginning at 500, this is thought to be correct and general evidence supports this, with the exception perhaps of the original run of JS Legends which definitely started at no. 1.
    Just a bit of an addition to my previous response,  whilst I've heard the suggestion before that serial numbering began at 500, there are some other factors to consider:

Firstly,  serial number runs were unique to different models, so using this guitar as an example,  being no.  73 doesn't necessarily imply that it was the 73rd Eggle made,  but it may have been the 73rd Berlin Pro. 

Secondly, I have seen some examples with serial numbers lower than 500, e.g. a mate of mine owns a Vienna in the 300s.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are lots of anomolies, so you have to add a small serving of salt to the 'facts'. 
    @RevMatt  I agree with your comment about serial numbers being unique to different models, I would point out  the Vienna was announced quite a bit after the first Berlins were delivered. I don’t suppose you have an example of a Climax serial number do you?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    Namaqua said:
    Actually it'll be the 74th Berlin Pro if 500 is number 1  =)

Not sure if this picture will work here as it's taken from the Eggle forum and may only be visible if you're a member there (it's visible to me), but it's a picture of me with Patrick holding the first Berlin which he still owns - when I posted the picture I commented that it was serial no. 1 - but as it was a few years ago, I can't verify actually seeing the serial - just that Pat described it as number 1:

@RevMatt  I agree with your comment about serial numbers being unique to different models, I would point out  the Vienna was announced quite a bit after the first Berlins were delivered. I don’t suppose you have an example of a Climax serial number do you?
    As far as I know, Climaxes didn't have serial numbers - I've checked this against a few that I know of and they back up the theory, but again, there may be anomolies.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread, but at least we're keeping it alive - come on someone, buy the guitar!
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Very nice, GLWTS! Someone will be extremely happy with this.....
    Big price drop. My roving eye has found a new lover
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    edited May 2019
    Parker said:
    Guilty as charged
    @maltingsaudio - you fuelled my Eggle obsession. I was a kid when I came in the store as a fledgling guitarist. My appetite was whetted by the Jaguar adverts in Guitarist Mag. You compounded it by giving me all the literature that I built my desires on until I bought one a few years later in the Factory Direct deals. You also regaled me about trying the Red Special when you (or was it your mate!?) went for the second guitarist role in the Brian May band. 

Gutted you closed shortly afterwards (and before I got in to the full swing of spending GAS tokens. Manson’s of Plymouth and Swag benefitted instead!) Shame. Hope you’re well though!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited May 2019
    I've been lusting after a PE Berlin Pro for years
    And this one looks a beauty...sadly, way above what I have available for another guitar at the moment.    :'(
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    bump
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Have a bump up...still musing over this.
    Jon
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    Voxman said:
    I've been lusting after a PE Berlin Pro for years
    And this one looks a beauty...sadly, way above what I have available for another guitar at the moment.    :'(

I'm afraid this isn't going to be what you want to hear, but...........I have one (1993 model bought new), I will never sell it (even though I don't use it much these days), I lusted after one ever since they first appeared and I wasn't disappointed.
    @JonHosker PM’d
    Still for sale
    Following a PM frenzy it is on hold