SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Record Collection SOLD

What's Hot
sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
edited February 2018 in Misc £
Some new sealed, some like new and some used

few box sets in here

42 in total 

i won’t split sorry

open to offers, but I would like around £350

https://flickr.com/photos/53365193@N02/sets/72157689988757572

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Not for me but there needs to be a price. 
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
    edited January 2018
    Im open offers as I don’t know what they are worth 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27462
    Im open offers as I don’t know what they are worth 
    That's not how it works here.

Classifieds ads need a price - we don't want to get into PM bidding wars.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
    edited January 2018
    I would like £350 but I am open to offers
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27462
    I would like £1000
    I've amended the title for you - just so that it's clear to all.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    You’ll probably have better luck flogging them to a dealer or on Discogs individually. Good luck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    you would be far better splitting them.  get their values from Discogs and either sell there, or individually on eBay.  selling as a lot, you will lose a lot of potential money, either with a dealer, or elsewhere...
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • It’s just the postage 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    It’s just the postage 
    Packaging material in bulk is cheap enough and the extra you make by selling individually would be more than worth it. 
  • I sold some records once, to a bloke upstairs in Newport market. I could choose £19 cash or a £23 credit note, so I chose the note and that's how I got into The Fuzztones, and then Nuggets/Pebbles because Rudi Protrudi did the artwork on some of the sleeves.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    You would have to list them all and their condition to know the value
    The Wall could be a first pressing £80 think you can tell from the corners
    on the inserts have rounded edges.Oasis is £50.But sell to a dealer you
    won't get those prices.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Better to sell all at once to avoid the hassle. 350 is a good price for 42 records (even if some are Andrew Lloyd Weber). Any Muse or Metalicca fan would easily buy the lot.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    lukedlb said:
    Better to sell all at once to avoid the hassle. 350 is a good price for 42 records (even if some are Andrew Lloyd Weber). Any Muse or Metalicca fan would easily buy the lot.
    Is that what it says in this month’s edition of Record Collector? 
  • lukedlb said:
    That’s what I was thinking.antifash said:
    lukedlb said:
    Is that what it says in this month’s edition of Record Collector? 
    Does that magazine give selling tips?
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    It will only take you an hour or so to identify what each record is worth. Then add it up, work out what it’ll cost you to pack and post them and decide if its worth it. If you’ve got £800 worth of records then it seems a bit daft selling them for £350 for a quick sale....if they’re only worth £400 individially then fair dos  
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Knowing their value in record collector or on eBay isn't really helpful. The record sellers I know would be hard pushed to pay over £3 for a piece of vinyl. They buy in bulk just to get the few that will cover the cost and then sell off the rest for profit.
    As a private buyer from a private seller, midplace between £3 and £15 used seems a good starting point.
    Hell, I was thinking of buying the lot myself, take the 4 that could interest me and sell the rest to a record seller but I wouldn't cover the investment with shipping on top.

Furthermore, selling individually requires extra effort of details and photos and a million questions..
    Look, if you think the records are worth £350, fine, but in all honesty, you can buy some of these records for pence at charity shops. You are being extremely hopeful looking for £350! You're better off identifying the ones that are worth money - pretty easy - referencing them on Discogs and then listing and shipping. I've looked them over, and I can't see anything rare. On top of that, you've not listed the specific condition of any of these - so who would buy them? Some are new, some aren't. Great!

A friend of mine sold a lot of rare vinyl to a dealer for £1k - the collection was worth way more, but he couldn't be bothered to do any leg work. So the dealer made a good deal. Take yours to a shop to be valued - they'll reject the obvious ones immediately but maybe give you some cash / trade for those they can sell (Metallica, Daft Punk, Muse). 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    A fair used records dealer is Grammar School Records in Rye, East Sussex.  Google for phone number.

Another option is to sign up on www.Tirnahifi.org, an Irish hi-fi website, and advertise the LPs there.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Thanks for ge info,
    just sold for £400 on eBay 
    Well that's me told.