Best £3.39 I have spent this year.

FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
Picked up Our Time In Eden by 10,000 Maniacs on CD the other day, what a killer album that is, every track a winner Natalie Merchant was just incredible.

Don't usually listen to old stuff but something got me thinking back. I think 10K Maniacs albums were my most borrowed, and least returned back in the day. They always went missing! 

Anyway, super glad I picked this up again, still sounds fantastic. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My favourite of theirs was The Wishing Chair. I didn't get to see them until the Blind Man's Zoo tour, but they were bloody good live.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great stuff. I saw them at The Hammersmith Odeon on the Blind Man's Zoo tour (1989?) and they were fabulous.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    My favourite album by them by a Mile. It lead me to get them all and all her solo albums. Tigerlilly is a brilliant album . Have a look on youtube at some of her stuff theres plenty good stuff. Have a look for Gulf of Araby she sings with Susan Mckeown a (Katell Keineg song) . In my Tribe is another great album and Ophelia. 

• I saw them at the Hammersmith Odeon a bit later as well, this time with John Lombardo guesting and with Mary Ramsey doing backing vocals (as well as the two of them being the support act). I think it many have been some kind of anniversary gig. Anyway, being the Wishing Chair lineup, it was utterly brilliant. That was the last time I saw them, but good to go out on such a high.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....