They think it's an own goal... it is now.

What's Hot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-42926535

Oh yeah. Bristol. 

Regulars who read my shit know I was down there over the last few years. I attended a number of Labour events ranging from Corbyn addresses to Momentum meetings not to join but to gauge the general mood. Hearing some of the shit dished out to Thangnam Debbonaire was horrible

Reading what has happened at UWE, one is not surprised. Loathsome behaviour. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 28251
    It's so far beyond stupid that I even wonder if it could be an agent-provocateur job by his own supporters.

But I'm cynical like that. And I certainly wouldn't rule out pure idiocy.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • It definitely isn't a self-harm job. There's a few folk in videos that I recognise. A couple were supporters of TUSC candidates in the past. 
    It definitely isn't a self-harm job. There's a few folk in videos that I recognise. A couple were supporters of TUSC candidates in the past. 
    Remember Andrew Schofield's character in G.B.H...
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 1779
    I read it earlier - idiotic behaviour.

I'm no fan of Rees-Mogg, but you can't be saying "We want free speech, just not for everybody!"

Grown most uncommonly fat!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 1322
    The irony of yelling ‘bigot’ at another person solely in order to stop them expressing an opinion with which you disagree has clearly been lost on these nobheads. 

Badly paraphrasing here - I can’t stand the opinions of Rees-Mogg and his ilk, but I’ll still fight for their right to express them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Now there is video which suggests that someone supporting JRM was the initiator of the physical element. That really doesn't matter to me. It's the manner of the discourse that is in question. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 13045
    edited February 5
    Now there is video which suggests that someone supporting JRM was the initiator of the physical element. That really doesn't matter to me. It's the manner of the discourse that is in question. 
    Watch the video - the woman invades a guy's body space as she's pushed by her boyfriend from behind - the JRM supporter thinks he'll get hit by the girls boyfriend so raises his arm and catches her face with his forearm. Not a punch at all - as was alleged. She seemed unhurt as she continued to rant.

Unfortunately this behaviour is getting support. I know some moderate people who now hate the Tories (Brexit, NHS. lack of housing, uni fees etc) and think Mogg getting a good kicking would be just due to his right-wing views on abortion and Brexit. Politics is getting ugly.

I really can't see the Tories winning an election or even getting through Brexit. They are the worst government I can remember - the quicker they go the better.

My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
  • "Invades a guy's body space"? Que? 

The leftie is yakking, JRM is remaining levelheaded. You can clearly see the gentleman in the white shirt wading in and turns the bespectacled leftie around. From that point on, it all kicks off.

Politics is ugly and has been for ages. It's not a left problem, it's not a right problem, it's a politics problem. Both sides engage with it and both sides are too chickenshit to call it out. 
    "Invades a guy's body space"? Que? 

The leftie is yakking, JRM is remaining levelheaded. You can clearly see the gentleman in the white shirt wading in and turns the bespectacled leftie around. From that point on, it all kicks off.

Politics is ugly and has been for ages. It's not a left problem, it's not a right problem, it's a politics problem. Both sides engage with it and both sides are too chickenshit to call it out. 
    OK .. not seen that .. the view the BBC uses is from another angle after the first shove. Still not as advertised by the protesters as a 'punch' .. just shoving.

This is the main one that's been shown on TV ....

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 5141
    presumably the guy in the white shirt (who, on the evidence of this footage, instigated the physicality) was a JRM supporter. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Fretwired said:

OK .. not seen that .. the view the BBC uses is from another angle after the first shove. Still not as advertised by the protesters as a 'punch' .. just shoving.

I would say that the white shirt man's arm does strike the woman in question. A punch, no. But it's pretty clear that the white shirted man gets himself involved when he doesn't need to and uses a certain amount of physicality. When that video comes from Raheem Kassam's Youtube channel, it's safe to say that it's not some doctored leftie clip either. 

I note that the Sun report also claims that the bespectacled man attempts to land a punch which comes close to JRM.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5494858/jacob-rees-mogg-melee-student-a-hard-left-corbyn-nut-who-posed-nude-and-flopped/

So it is fair to say that there are distortions on both sides but that the person who upped the ante was the gentleman in the white shirt. 

VimFuego said:
    presumably the guy in the white shirt (who, on the evidence of this footage, instigated the physicality) was a JRM supporter. 
    Yep .. evil Nazi Tories .. always resort to violence. The use of foul language by the left insurgents was totally justified and the fact that most looked like they were members of a Mexican drugs cartel  (faces covered) was misunderstood.  They were simply supporting the burka clad Muslim women Mogg so despises.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I'm not sure how this has descended into 'evil Nazi Tories' when I'm implicitly damning the protesters in the opening post. I certainly don't think JRM is an evil Nazi. I do think he's guilty of being an utter chump over his recent comments about the Treasury and the civil service in general. 
    I'm not sure how this has descended into 'evil Nazi Tories' when I'm implicitly damning the protesters in the opening post. I certainly don't think JRM is an evil Nazi. I do think he's guilty of being an utter chump over his recent comments about the Treasury and the civil service in general. 
    <sarcasm>
  • <snowflakes>
    Fretwired said:
    VimFuego said:
    Yep .. evil Nazi Tories .. always resort to violence. The use of foul language by the left insurgents was totally justified and the fact that most looked like they were members of a Mexican drugs cartel  (faces covered) was misunderstood.  They were simply supporting the burka clad Muslim women Mogg so despises.
    lol good strawman there

• Well, well, well. 

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/rees-mogg-lied-about-white-shirt-man.html

https://twitter.com/PozzyWozzy

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/02/05/excl-rees-mogg-white-shirt-partying-in-nazi-uniform/

And now his son has disappeared from Facebook. 

So as it stands, it appears that a bunch of anti-fascists stormed a university, shouted a bit at Jacob Rees-Mogg, and then a man who dressed up as a Nazi for comedy value and who appears to have a few UKIP values got a bit physical.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 9626
    edited February 5
    It shouldn't surprise me just how much info is out there online after my previous form in scammer management but dear God this is good. 

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/02/03/exclusive-new-footage-who-is-white-shirted-thug/

It does demonstrate very well how that main video release on all the networks that Fret referenced earlier looks very different when you add in everything else that has come up since. 
    who needs truth when you can have propaganda. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    VimFuego said:
    Fretwired said:
    VimFuego said:
    lol good strawman there
    Eh? It was meant to be sarcastic funny ... surely the burka comment was a clue ... and keep up with developments ..

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/02/05/excl-rees-mogg-white-shirt-partying-in-nazi-uniform/

Fretwired said:

I would say that the white shirt man's arm does strike the woman in question. A punch, no. But it's pretty clear that the white shirted man gets himself involved when he doesn't need to and uses a certain amount of physicality. When that video comes from Raheem Kassam's Youtube channel, it's safe to say that it's not some doctored leftie clip either. 

I note that the Sun report also claims that the bespectacled man attempts to land a punch which comes close to JRM.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5494858/jacob-rees-mogg-melee-student-a-hard-left-corbyn-nut-who-posed-nude-and-flopped/

So it is fair to say that there are distortions on both sides but that the person who upped the ante was the gentleman in the white shirt. 

The distortions seem to come from the main media - to be fair Mogg was quite measured when interviewed. Its now clear that the violence was instigated by Mogg's security. Whether you'd argue that being sworn at and called a bigot is provocation I think the main video is clear. And the press called it wrong - they may not have had the video but I've not seen a retraction on the BBC or in the Telegraph which blamed the demonstrators.

So while I was joking above I was closer to the mark than the press .. :-)
  • The issue now is whether the Whiteshirt was on duty or off duty. On duty looks bad for JRM. Off duty it's a win for the fruitcake crew.

And it's absolutely nothing to do with Momentum. Grubbyleft wingers, a potentially grubby right wing dude, and a whole swath of media who demonstrate their shitehouse standards.
  • randellarandella Frets: 1322
    It's fair to say no-one's come out of it smelling like roses.
    The issue now is whether the Whiteshirt was on duty or off duty. On duty looks bad for JRM. Off duty it's a win for the fruitcake crew.

And it's absolutely nothing to do with Momentum. Grubbyleft wingers, a potentially grubby right wing dude, and a whole swath of media who demonstrate their shitehouse standards.
    Agree with you there - they were Antifa which started in the USA (to take on the authoritarianism of the right). The woman who was hit was interviewed and her take on it was the guy in the white shirt was nothing to do with Mogg. Apparently he was seated in the middle of the room and not with Mogg and his team.

Dumitrache (the woman in the video) claimed on Twitter that she was among the group and had been 'punched' in the altercation.

She wrote: 'The member of the audience in the white shirt started getting violent towards the people being disruptive.

'I was standing in front of him when he punched me. No student was violent here.

'He was clearly a supporter but it didn't look like it was someone from Mogg's team.

'He was seated in the middle of the room and he was taken by campus security for interview.'

Ah, my mistake... so it wasn't started by a well disguised provocateur pretending to be one of the protestors, it was started by an easily identifiable member of his own security team pretending to just be a random supporter. It's hard to tell which side wins the Stupid prize now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    ICBM said:
    Ah, my mistake... so it wasn't started by a well disguised provocateur pretending to be one of the protestors, it was started by an easily identifiable member of his own security team pretending to just be a random supporter. It's hard to tell which side wins the Stupid prize now.
    Apparently not. The guy in the white shirt says he had never previously met Mogg and was nothing to do with his security. Apparently Mogg doesn't have any. The university provided security for this event and he wasn't part of that either. Mogg has confirmed he'd never met the guy before. He just turned up to listen to the debate and became concerned for Mogg's safety. He teaches self-defence which will come in handy as he's been threatened.
  • So Mr Townsley speaks in the Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5353969/Jacob-Rees-Mogg-defender-says-fears-MPs-safety.html

There clearly was some form of security around, hence him being led away. 

"Responding to allegations that he punched a female protester, the martial arts expert said: 'I didn't hit anybody.

'She was too close and I put my hand up to protect myself. She wanted to be there.

'People will think what they want to think. I never hit anybody. She got so close that I could feel spittle in my face and I put my hand up to stop it.

'They broke in, in masks, I was intimidated but I was not going to back down to bullying or intimidation.'

Clearly not, sir. You wanted to be there too, which is why you went down and grabbed the leftie bloke. 

I don't buy his words as the gospel truth at all. 

• I'd be inclined to think the same way.