They think it's an own goal... it is now.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 13099
    So Mr Townsley speaks in the Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5353969/Jacob-Rees-Mogg-defender-says-fears-MPs-safety.html

There clearly was some form of security around, hence him being led away. 

"Responding to allegations that he punched a female protester, the martial arts expert said: 'I didn't hit anybody.

'She was too close and I put my hand up to protect myself. She wanted to be there.

'People will think what they want to think. I never hit anybody. She got so close that I could feel spittle in my face and I put my hand up to stop it.

'They broke in, in masks, I was intimidated but I was not going to back down to bullying or intimidation.'

Clearly not, sir. You wanted to be there too, which is why you went down and grabbed the leftie bloke. 

I don't buy his words as the gospel truth at all. 
    I wouldn't believe the bloke either, although Mogg strikes me as an honest man and if he says he doesn't know him and was not part of his security then I tend to believe him.
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • It'd be a very strange thing for JRM to lie about. That said, an honest man has further to fall than a devious crook.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 13099
    It'd be a very strange thing for JRM to lie about. That said, an honest man has further to fall than a devious crook.
    Too easy to be caught out these days - Anna Soubury wants him and Boris thrown out of the Conservative Party, so expect revelations from her had he lied.
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 740
    JRM's been added to the bill for the Joint Select Committee on Human Rights meeting tomorrow afternoon...the session is focused on freedom of speech at universities, so it sounds like he may have something to add regarding the UWE incident.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • Fretwired said:
    It'd be a very strange thing for JRM to lie about. That said, an honest man has further to fall than a devious crook.
    Too easy to be caught out these days - Anna Soubury wants him and Boris thrown out of the Conservative Party, so expect revelations from her had he lied.
    It's only been a few days. Soubury's on her own merry dance. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 4139
    There's something fishy about this. Mogg, a self-confessed "wimp", strides right up to confront masked, angry and potentially violent protestors at an event he knew was being filmed by a notorious extreme right wing media outlet?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • There's something fishy about this. Mogg, a self-confessed "wimp", strides right up to confront masked, angry and potentially violent protestors at an event he knew was being filmed by a notorious extreme right wing media outlet?
    I agree. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 28323
    There's something fishy about this. Mogg, a self-confessed "wimp", strides right up to confront masked, angry and potentially violent protestors at an event he knew was being filmed by a notorious extreme right wing media outlet?
    I agree. 
    I still think the whole thing was set up. Which doesn't of course mean that everyone involved was in on it, that isn't necessary for it to work - it only needs one or two.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 740
    Anyone see JRM being "accidentally" spotted by Sky News outside Number 10 earlier, whilst delivering a Daily Express petition calling for a reduction in aid spending?  He even had time to stop and talk to the presenter for a few minutes.  What a stroke of luck!

The cynics amongst us would no doubt suggest he was actively creating media opportunities to push his own agenda and gain some kind of political traction.  Pffft.  The very thought of it!
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Private Eye ran some stuff a couple of months ago suggesting he was pushing forward. The stunt today at Downing Street was hilarious in how obviously staged it was.