Inflation

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 707
    we are quickly moving from inflation to Brexit
    The remoaners started it wasn't me
    dude stop the 'remoaner' bollox, its all a bit crap, and makes you sound like a daily mail knobber.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 5917
    thomasw88 said:
    we are quickly moving from inflation to Brexit
    The remoaners started it wasn't me
    dude stop the 'remoaner' bollox, its all a bit crap, and makes you sound like a daily mail knobber.
    be fair, it was someone else who started with the silly name calling.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 1449

The daily mail ?

It was definitely a Leavetard who started it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 5917
    very clever, well done.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 3755
    Garthy said:
    we are quickly moving from inflation to Brexit - however I still have a gut feeling that before it is to late it won't go through - The is no way Mrs May will be in charge of the Conservative party before the next election - A change may well be sooner than later be it 6 months or 12 months away - There is so much in fighting and discussing about what we voted for and what we didn't and Brexit wasn't about this and that - Most MP's didn't want it, neither did many powerful Whitehall Civil Servants etc who are still wanting to influential a final vote on what we approve of in Parliament - Bottom line is sometime down the line I think it will be blocked and the line they will throw to you is 'this is not what you voted for' in the referendum - ie you might have voted for Brexit but you didn't vote for the actual content within Brexit - put it more simply - You voted for the name and cover of the book but you didn't vote for the story within the book
    The ballot paper could not be any clearer, remain or leave. It could have said "stay in the tent" or "leave the tent". On your point about what we were not voting for this, or what Brexit means- the same could be said for "remain in the European Union". It's an assumption that it meant the status quo, how the EU28 stood in 2016 would be how it would stand for eternity.  Look how different the EEC became from 1957 until the EU in 2016. Had the referendum not happened could you say, hand on heart what the EU would be in 2057? It could have been the United States of Europe or perhaps the EUSR which would be closer.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/07/martin-schulz-united-states-of-europe-germany-sdp

“the anti-Europeans want to hum Land of Hope and Glory as they nuke the British economy.”

In what respect do you think that quote is meant?  To save you chucking the quote into google it was a quote from 2003 about joining the Euro. 
    sorry but to avoid any confusion my stance is not about the ballot paper was wrong or right, or I'm pro/anti Brexit - It is based on that a very powerful un-elected establishment (if you want to call it that) lost the referendum - They will do everything possible to reverse this decision and as such will use the term 'this is not what you voted for' to ensure parliament blocks any final exit decision so the means will justify the end game - And they will sell it to the electorate in any manner that suits them
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    When has it ever been different
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 3755
    edited February 8
    When has it ever been different
    correct - or should I say 'probably not'
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 1551
    sorry but to avoid any confusion my stance is not about the ballot paper was wrong or right, or I'm pro/anti Brexit - It is based on that a very powerful un-elected establishment (if you want to call it that) lost the referendum - They will do everything possible to reverse this decision and as such will use the term 'this is not what you voted for' to ensure parliament blocks any final exit decision so the means will justify the end game - And they will sell it to the electorate in any manner that suits them
    Ah yes, an excellent post. ;)
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 10449
    edited February 8
    We haven't left yet so what's with this "shit storm"? If there is such a thing it's caused by remoaners in the City. FFS how many times does it need to be said that the decision to leave was NOT economic? If you think that economic bribery and scaremongering are all it's about your horizons are obviously limited by ... money! 

Perhaps that is part of the problem. People voted on a huge issue but emotionally were tied into a small part of it and some of the repercussions weren't at the forefront of their mind

Garthy said:
    Similarly a good remainer friend of mine can't believe so many voted out, utterly shocked and bewildered and wonders why they did it- well he stuck his fingers in his ears for twenty years too when gripes were explained.

See I can cherry pick too.

It's funny how blind and deaf some folk are in this age of social media. A lot of my friends have doubted my predictions: after winning money on the last two elections in the UK and Trump and the EU referendum result, so they asked me why I was so sure. Simple: I hang around with posh people and poor people. I've had a very strange set of social circles for some time and my working history is the same. 

Garthy said:

The ballot paper could not be any clearer, remain or leave. It could have said "stay in the tent" or "leave the tent". On your point about what we were not voting for this, or what Brexit means- the same could be said for "remain in the European Union". It's an assumption that it meant the status quo, how the EU28 stood in 2016 would be how it would stand for eternity.  
    I agree in a way. A ballot paper is clear but this isn't an issue that can be reduced to two simple words. So Remain is as bloody empty as Leave. It's a point I've laboured over in this forum previously so I won't go fully into it again but the bottom line of the referendum for me was that it was an over-simplistic exercise that should never have taken place and that it should have been a specific multi-stage referenda process so people know precisely what they are marking the X for. As it is, a vote for Leave stands for anything from pulling out of the single market to making sure more Polish can't come here* and a vote for Remain seems to be anything between a UKIP protest vote to Cameron solidarity to wanting to retain freedom of movement. 

*as a Bristol voter on referendum day in my polling station told me as they collected their ballot paper. 
    I make Jeremy Paxman look like Fingermouse. 

But the same also exists for the other side. A very powerful unelected establishment (and Farage is most definitely establishment. When you've been on the MEP coin for that long, you're part of it even if your views aren't representative of the majority of that establishment) won the referendum. They believed that the victory gave them the right to walk over Parliament. For them, getting out of Europe is the main thing and they will do anything to get there. Selling it to the electorate? Look at the biggest selling newspapers. If the newspaper influence has waned when it comes to general election results, then it perhaps hit its zenith with the referendum result. 

Two sides essentially did the same dirty tricks. One side won. The other didn't. The end. 

Except it isn't the end.
    They are only just starting.
    Not the end of the process but the end of the actual voting part for us commoners. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2287
    Once we do finally leave, inflation will go much higher. I reckon 25% is not out of the question, particularly when sterling hits parity with the dollar
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 1439
    Just remember people, that nothing thoroughly worthwhile was ever easy. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter