Digitech Freqout

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mart said:
    What current does your PSU supply? @Vibetronic ‘s lists the output as 1000mA - what is the number of mA (or A) on yours?
    1200 mA......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 2327
    I'm wondering if there is either something up with the pedal, or possibly your power supply. I have one of these pedals and have run it off a 500mA supply with no problems. Are you sure the power supply is giving you the mA you need? Have you stuck a multimeter on it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • martmart Frets: 2759
    mart said:
    What current does your PSU supply? @Vibetronic ‘s lists the output as 1000mA - what is the number of mA (or A) on yours?
    1200 mA......
    Curious - that should be enough then.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 7117
    Obvious - it’s the Welsh electricity, can’t get those water wheels spinning fast enough. 

Well, you had the wrong power supply before so it wasn’t going to work properly. So now it’s user error or the pedal itself. What a ball ache! Are you still able to return it? 
    Dum dum dum, dum dum de dum, dum dum dum, dum dummmm.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 274
    This pedal definitely doesn't take a battery. You should just be able to plug in the power supply, rig it up to amp/guitar and it should work. Try setting it up with these settings - Momentary to 'on', Dry to 'on', Onset and Gain both with the white marker in the 12 'o' clock position, and Type at 'natural high'. Hit a note then activate the pedal - that should definitely give you some results sound-wise, it's what mine was on last time I used it. If that doesn't work and you have the right power supply it's almost certainly the pedal. 

(sorry if that all seems obvious, just thought it was worth a go, I've missed simple stuff before and thought things have been broken when they weren't !)
  • @Vibetronic - nothing is too obvious mate - I appreciate the steer. I have nothing but the guitar, pedal and amp. I'll try this tomorrow when the kids aren't in bed. 

@EricTheWeary - bloody substandard Welsh electricity! This is the third Freqout unit - I am sure they couldn't all be faulty? I can't return it now either.....

@vasselmeyer - No I don't have a multimeter (or know what one is!) the PSU is new - bought specifically for this purpose (works with other pedals) - the one spot says it provides 1700mA on the box.....

I am on the verge of giving up on this fun pedal....
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 4208

Can you take it to a local shop and try it out there for comparison ?
    CEO ACME Moats Inc.
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 680
    edited March 13
    Paul_C said:

Can you take it to a local shop and try it out there for comparison ? 

How do you mean mate? I bought it mail order?