Vitoos Iso4 Plus - new PSU option?

What's Hot

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886
    Anyone internet stalking me will have realised that I've had some noise issues recently.

Based on that I'm going to revise my review slightly---I think Danny might be right in his assessment of these sharing common grounds across the outputs.

Still very good value for money and prevented digital clock whine on a few of my pedals but not as silent as a (6 times the price) Voodoo Lab 4x4.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmmm. I've checked with a multimeter. None of the grounds are connected if that helps
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    edited March 2018
    I bought one of these because, for £35 why not? I ran a wah, three drives and a wah off it with no problem.

Then, just for kicks it, I linked it off my Gigrig Generator and then ran my BOSS ES-8 (400mA) and a Digitech Freeqout (needing 300mA) off two of the outputs instead of going through two Gigrig Timelords. It was completely silent.

What an excellent little bit of kit.
  • I bought one of these few weeks back to try until I can afford a zuma which is on the wish list.

Thought it looked a very decent bit of kit and very nicely packaged. 

Im running it alongside a mosky power station which has been noiseless and reliable (but just doesn’t power my line6 m5.)

im now powering my board entirely from the two supplies (defeats the object because I wanted one box) but there is annoyingly a bit of noise somewhere which I need to identify. I suspect it’s from the m5 so will try again tomorrow with that pedal using its own wall wart.

Downside of the vitoos is lack of 18v (hence why I need the mosky) which I need for a pigtronix Delay.  

• You can use a voltage doubling cable on the vitoos as the outputs are isolated. I have done this myself as well as a current doubler. Im also using an m5 with no noise.
  • Cool. I’m due a payday pedal purchase and purge so I’m gonna do a re wire and re sort of my board. I’ll try the voltage doubler. 
  • By voltage doubler am I right I’m thinking it’ll draw from two outputs into one cable?  Think I might have one of them 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    By voltage doubler am I right I’m thinking it’ll draw from two outputs into one cable?  Think I might have one of them 
    You could just get a gigrig doubler
  • Yeah that’s right. But some are to double the current and some double the voltage (serial or parallel) 
  • Righteo.

ill double check before I go frying things! 

Cheers for the tip 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189
    I've been using one of these (ISO4 plus) for a few weeks and it's working great.  Totally silent.  

Admittedly my power requirements are quite modest - 3 or 4 dirt pedals, TU2, Cali 76 and a Flint.  

Having bought a Voodoo Lab 4x4 the two of these I bought are now going spare. Any takers? 
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    I may be interested in the vitoos UnclePsychosis how much?
    Sorry, sold them both last week. 
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    No worries
  • If you take this spec at face value there's a a new boy in town:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VITOOS-ISO4PLUS-Guitar-Effects-Power-Supply-8-Isolated-DC-9V-Outputs-Blue-H2N2/282788957917?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282788957917&rvr_id=0&ul_noapp=true

Cant find any mentions of it anywhere so assume its new to the market. At that price I've taken a punt, obviously I'll report back. IveI got at least one pedal that whines hideously if not isolated so should be easy to test.

Also I saw that Thomann have a new Harley Benton PSU - the "pro-1" which looks identical to this only in a black enclosure. 
    Hiya, looking for a power supply with no noise is this a good one? 
  • It's great. I have it running my main all digital pedal board, and it hasn't flinched. Totally silent.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    It's great. I have it running my main all digital pedal board, and it hasn't flinched. Totally silent.
    Same. I've got a lot of power hungry pedals and it runs them all fine 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Has anyone here got any experience of whether this will fit underneath a Pedaltrain Nano? The dimensions seem to suggest so...
  • Has anyone here got any experience of whether this will fit underneath a Pedaltrain Nano? The dimensions seem to suggest so...
    I've got a Metro 16 - the ISO4 was fine under there, but I had to use cables with really small angled plugs to be able to use the outputs on both sides.
    <space for hire>