Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Regrets....I have a few ,but then again.......

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16081
Have you ever sold a guitar or Amp and known even as you handed it over/ wrapped it up that you were making a big mistake but carried on regardless ?
 I don't mean something you moved on and retrospectively missed / wanted back or something you had to sell for financial reasons etc...........more something that you thought you may as well sell , gave it a punt .....got a bit excited when somebody said "i'll have it " and knew instantly that you had done the wrong thing ..........and were proved right.
 I have done it once recently............a Friedman Dirty Shirley mini .....mistake
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    I remember  handing  a 90s mex strat over to my brothers mate for a shot. Never saw it again. That was my big music regret :s
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31519
    I sold my Roland JC22 last year. I love the sound it makes and really miss it, but I just don't have the money or space to justify hanging on to something I'm not going to gig. 
  • Fender Super Reverb RI

i actually tries to track it down years later to see if I could by it back but the dude never responded 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    I've done the opposite - Bought back a guitar and then immediately realised why I'd moved it on originally. It was an 80's Tele Custom and must have weighed 12lbs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751

A "friend" of mine sold a Squier Jazz bass to a mate of his, who only paid £30 up front (of £160) to my friend and then claimed poverty having fallen off a roof.

This was one of the first run SQ series Squiers with its tweed case.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Not yet.... but I suspect I will as I’m going to downsize..... realistically I’m not going to be playing outside of the house until the kids are about 5 years older and even then it’s all going to based on if I can then based on the progression of a few hand issues.
    I’m going to probably end up moving down to two small amps. Which means at least one of my MJWs will go. Probably the big white one I have which is on Martins site.
    Not only does it sound like god, it looks amazing in my black and white conservatory.
    I’m not ready to do it yet though.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I knew the minute my Tele was stolen that I would live to regret it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    Bogner Shiva.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2893
    Yes my Pearl LP Custom. I'll never get a les paul that good for so cheap. Sold it because I didn't like playing it out of the house due to the weight. Sounded and played amazing though. Oh well.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Cornford Carrera. The day the bloke came to pick it up I gave it a blast to make sure it was all working fine. Big mistake.  

The thing is, it wasn't a perfect amp. The main thing it did well was not something I got to do often. But lord did it do it will.  

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Mesa Rectoverb 25, and JC40.

On both occasions, I couldn't justify having more than one electric amp and needed the ££.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Fender Super Reverb RI

i actually tries to track it down years later to see if I could by it back but the dude never responded 
    yep - it is not until you listened to countless 'boutique blackface clones' that you realise the SR did it just as well at half the price - albeit twice the size... Beautiful amp.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I sold a 50s classic player strat because I felt guilty about spending £800 on a tele when I only play at home.  I don't regret selling as the v shape neck and my hands were not compatible but after leaving on gumtree for weeks and weeks I took a stupidly low offer from a bloke who only wanted the neck ironically.  Thinking back I should have just done a deal for the neck but ho-hum...
  • I regret selling a Godin LG-Hmb in a panic over funding a PRSCE24. I later tried to buy it back but no dice! I still have the PRS and it is lovely but I miss the LG. I later got a Godin Summit but it's not the same. :(
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    2 early 1960s Vox Ac30s. Sold in 1999/2000 for £300 and £325 respectively... as both had been re-cabbed (woodworm in one and damp in the other) and both had Greenbacks instead of the Blues (because I prefer them).

Dang.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    @Dominic Didn't you sell your R7 then buy it back from my mate as well (I might have got that worng by the way!).
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16081
    No not me ........have never had an R7 let alone bought one back
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    edited February 2018
    Got myself a handmade cabronita made specially for me, it hand a single tv jones and was nitro finished and played like a devil ...swapped it for a Roswell amp which I ended up swapping anyway.....tried to get it back and it had been px'd and the shop had sold it!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    Does it count if you left it behind for free, and just really, really, couldn’t go back‽ 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    I’ve bought and sold the same Top Hat Club deluxe combo twice and have had FIVE Lazy J amps....and just yesterday bought my 6th.... 

And I sold my ‘55 Junior in a moment of weakness which was a proper dick move on my part but it went to a friend who loves it so it’s all good.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom