Blackstar LT Pedals Demo

What's Hot
GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
Pretty good demo. Apart from the Metal pedal, which I'm sure sounds fine if you don't use silly extreme settings as this fella from Blackstar did.  I quite fancy buying the dual... ahem... Okay the former me who didn't keep buying pedals he didn't need would like it. Me I'm just happy with a POD and a power amp. Honest guv.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    This guy is a cheese lord.
  • He looks like he needs a good nap! The Dual would be nice though!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Looks like the price on the street for the LT Dual is about £99 which is pretty decent. 
  • £49 for the drive?  That got to be worth a spin for the board space saving.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    edited August 2013
    What's with the irritating video editing, constantly jumping to the semi-profile shot? Pointless and annoying. He should probably try to sound less he's on autocue when he's reading out the spec too... although to be fair, at least he's not "Chappers" ;).

I think the pedals sound great - including the Metal, silly extreme settings are the whole point! :D (And he doesn't have the gain all the way up, even.)  They're all very tight and modern 'rock' sounding though, which is not quite my thing - I hear the same characteristic in the Blackstar amps which is why I'm not totally sold on them - so I suppose it could be the amp I'm hearing since that's what they're going through. The pedals seem to have a bit more edge though.

The Dual is by far the best, to me - it just sounds better as well as being the most flexible. For £99 I might have to try one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I agree with the editing.. gives me a headache, but the pedals sound good to me.. Always liked the original pedals they did but never used mine due to the need for external power. 

I'd defiantly consider one for my spare board.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    The drive sounds weird to me. Like I assume you'd show off a "drive" pedal with blues, indie, and so on but it sounds like old school metal. Maybe its more versatile than he's demonstrating though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    hugbot said:
    The drive sounds weird to me. Like I assume you'd show off a "drive" pedal with blues, indie, and so on but it sounds like old school metal. Maybe its more versatile than he's demonstrating though.
    It would be very rare for a demo'd device of any kind with any player not to be.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson