Vox Amplug 2

baldybaldy Frets: 195
Thinking of getting one of these mini headphone amp things as Mrs Baldy will let me keep my new guitar in the lounge (as it colour co-ordinates with the decor) but won"t let me keep my "ugly" black practice amp in there.
I can then just grab the guitar off the wall plug it in with a pair of headphones & have a quick practice.
I have tried the older model Amplug 1, the AC30 I think which didn"t sound to bad for what it was, but now they have the Amplug 2 out with more features.
Just wondering if anyone has tried one.
They do a "lead", "metal" & classic rock version, as well as blues, AC30 & clean & as opposed to the older model which just had volume, tone & gain the new ones have 3 different delays, reverbs & chorus effects AFAIK.
Thinking the classic rock one would be the one to get as that is the style I am playing but was just wondering if anyone has one or has tried one ?
Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the lead version.  I love it.  Perfect for what i wanted which was instant van halen  vai satch lead tones with delay in my headphones or i can roll off the gain switch it to reverb and its classic rock  i think the classic rock version would've been too light on the drive for me although i haven't tried it.

Its perfect for noodling on headphones in the lounge whilst cracking on with your favourite boxset.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    I've got one they are a lot of fun.

They have a line out so you can plug them into your car which is a bit of fun
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Thanks for the replies.
    After watching a couple of youtube video reviews this afternoon I have ordered the classic rock version.
    Particularly this review 
    Hopefully I like it.