SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD* FS Gretsch 6128 Duo-Jet 2000 - £900 *FINAL PRICE DROP*

What's Hot
dollbridemaskdollbridemask Frets: 4
edited May 2018 in Guitars £

With a very heavy heart I’ve decided to sell my beloved Duo-Jet. It was my #1 for a long time, but in recent years it’s mostly been sat in its case under the bed.

The serial number dates this to 2000 and I bought it around 2004. It’s from the time just before Fender’s acquisition of Gretsch and they started with the Electromatic line.

Chambered mahogany body,

FilterTron pickups,

Bigsby,

Slim ‘C’ profile neck,

Mother of pearl block inlays,

Large-style headstock with MoP horseshoe thing

O-slightly tatty-HSC

It sounds beautiful as you’d expect; warm and expressive. The neck is really comfortable (even though I’m into wider necks these days), chambered body so not heavy at all, but still perfectly balanced.

I played and gigged with this guitar a good few years, so it has a few minor knocks and scrapes. I’ve tried to get the worst of them in the pics with my crappy phone. There’s some buckle rash and patina on the hardware as to be expected, and as you can see one of the pickup rings is cracked, but replacements are easy to find online. Frets might need some work soon.

The only proper work it’s had done is to replace the neck-side strap pin. This was down to a bit of a design flaw, where the chamber around the switch meant the pin was held in a fairly thin part of the body wall. I got this sorted by a professional luthier (https://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/) a few years back and it’s been fine ever since (I can send pictures of the fix if required).

£1000, £930, £900 collection only from Manchester.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments