Delay settings for Interpol "Untitled"

What's Hot
Sounds like it could be a reverse delay on a very short setting, but can't be sure. For the jangly refrain at the very beginning running through most of this impossibly beautiful piece of music.

Any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like a digital delay with a few short repeats into reverb to me.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    edited February 2018
    I'm fairly sure that Dan Kessler used Boss delays in the early days of Interpol, probably a DD-5 with a short delay setting matched to the tempo of the song to give it that jangly feel.
  • jpttaylor said:
    I'm fairly sure that Dan Kessler used Boss delays in the early days of Interpol, probably a DD-5 with a short delay setting matched to the tempo of the song to give it that jangly feel.
    Yup - definitely Boss, either DD3 or 5. I was front and centre for their set on the NME tour way back when. Brilliant band, especially in their early days.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Yeah I think they use Gibson 335s/Les Pauls into Fender Twins with Boss delays. I am a huge Interpol nerd. No doubt they have changed equipment since the earlier days, but they are still one of my favourite bands of ALL time.

• Probably one of the settings marked on here!?
  • Pretty sure that’s Paul Banks’ board and not Daniel Kessler’s. Kessler uses Boss delays into a Fender amp wot reverb. Short delays (sounds like the mix would be up high though) and spring reverb would be the key 
  • It’s the dd-5 reverse setting, it repeats and starts the reverse but with each new repeat rather than forming a ‘pad’ like most other reverse delays. Quite specific to the DD-5 & 6 IIRC!

Slightly off topic - ‘Turn on the bright lights’ is one of my favourite albums and certainly one of the best guitar albums of the ‘00s. The bass lines are mental. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s the dd-5 reverse setting, it repeats and starts the reverse but with each new repeat rather than forming a ‘pad’ like most other reverse delays. Quite specific to the DD-5 & 6 IIRC!

Slightly off topic - ‘Turn on the bright lights’ is one of my favourite albums and certainly one of the best guitar albums of the ‘00s. The bass lines are mental. 
    I’m one of the outliers who prefers Antics 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

I’m one of the outliers who prefers Antics 
    I like both. Sonically TOTBL is better but the songs on Antics are a good bit stronger
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Yeah, that’s fair. Production on Antics is a little underwhelming