Josh Smith and Ariel Posen UK tour

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
edited February 2018 in Guitar tFB Trader
went to see both Josh smith and Ariel Posen play at the Jam house in Birmingham last night.

Both sounded absolutely incredible. Love their voices and the playing is just insane to the point that I stood with an open jaw at times in amazement. Last night they played a tribute to Gary Moore on the anniversary of his death which was really well done. And to top it off the bassist and drummer were super tight considering they stood up for this tour and had to learn all the tracks very quickly.

If you can, check them out on the remainder of their dates, you’ll thank me for it later I promise.

here is josh playing.

https://i.imgur.com/c2WvXYP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GrhwFZz.jpg
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I'm seeing them on Sunday in Southampton - cannot wait.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Playing the Vic in Swindon tonight- unfortunately I can`t go. The FB events page shows 3 going currently. The landlord and landlady and one of their bar staff :-( 

Was it busy for them in B`ham?

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Sold out in Edinburgh (and it was fantastic!) but some other places seem to be struggling - Josh and Ariel are great - Josh is another level - incredible player and great guy - we had a masterclass prior to the gig too so had a good chat with him.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited February 2018
    Wow, I bet that was great, two amazing players for sure.
  • Did you see josh on the andertons youtube channel the other day? 

• Going tomorrow night at Under The Bridge.  Looks likes it'll be a good night!
  • I can't go to either of shows nearest me (London, Worthing) but I did go to the event Andertons put on last week. I thought he was fantastic and the four CDs of his I bought on the night have been on permanent rotation in my car, to the exclusion of all other music, ever since.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 98
    edited February 2018
    I was at the Edinburgh gig and the pre show masterclass come q/a with Josh.. it was bloody brilliant. I went with a fellow guitar geek and my music loving Dad and we all loved it. My auld man has spoken about nothing except t how good they both were.

Shout out to the Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh too for being great hosts. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm so gutted I've missed this, 2 amazing guitarists in the uk touring smallish places....I hang my head in shame
  • I went to the Whitstable show. Ariel was very good.
  • anyone know where to see the full list to dates?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
    tFB Trader
    anyone know where to see the full list to dates?
    https://www.arielposen.com/ Here you go
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2365
    Josh is a great guitarist and super nice guy, saw him years ago in the U.S...but try as I may I struggle to listen to his studio stuff for any length of time. Like many he's not a strong vocalist but gets by. Amazing player though and no one trick pony. Would love to see him play with someone else. Love his sunburst Rutters built Strat, those Ellis pickups sound killer.....although I suspect 95% is in his hands. 
  • Hi Thorpy,

I thought that was you at the top of the stairs (I was sitting right next to them). I recognised you from articles in the guitar mags, etc. Great pedals, btw!

Anyway, I can only mirror you comments. Superb musicianship all round. I was really surprised just how good Ariel was too; great phrasing and strong songs. But, Josh.......what a player, and general nice guy. He kindly signed a couple of CDs before he went on stage., which I kind of feel bad about as he was keen to get on.

Josh is the consummate player, great all rounder style wise, and master of all! He has some great signature licks, and his style of phrasing which allows him to stand out and be identified. Oh, how I wish I lived closer to all these venues because I would have gone more than once on this tour.

In summary to all readers, Josh comes very, very highly recommended if contemporary, blues, jazz, blues country, and rock is your bag. Catch him this time round if you can and support these great musicians.

Cheers,

DD
    tFB Trader
    Hi Thorpy,

I thought that was you at the top of the stairs (I was sitting right next to them). I recognised you from articles in the guitar mags, etc. Great pedals, btw!

Anyway, I can only mirror you comments. Superb musicianship all round. I was really surprised just how good Ariel was too; great phrasing and strong songs. But, Josh.......what a player, and general nice guy. He kindly signed a couple of CDs before he went on stage., which I kind of feel bad about as he was keen to get on.

Josh is the consummate player, great all rounder style wise, and master of all! He has some great signature licks, and his style of phrasing which allows him to stand out and be identified. Oh, how I wish I lived closer to all these venues because I would have gone more than once on this tour.

In summary to all readers, Josh comes very, very highly recommended if contemporary, blues, jazz, blues country, and rock is your bag. Catch him this time round if you can and support these great musicians.

Cheers,

DD
    you should have come to say hi, Josh and Ariel joined me for a bit before the gig which was lovely. It was so nice to meet great people who just so happen to be amazing players.
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Hi Thorpy,

Cheers,

DD
    you should have come to say hi, Josh and Ariel joined me for a bit before the gig which was lovely. It was so nice to meet great people who just so happen to be amazing players.
    Ah, that would have been the icing on the cake! Were you sitting on the top table? I guess I felt a bit humbled in these guys presence. If we're all in the same room in the future, I will definitely come and say hi!

All the best,

DD
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Hi Thorpy,

Cheers,

DD
    You're going to need your own klaxon soon!
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Hi Thorpy,

Cheers,

DD
    You're going to need your own klaxon soon!
    ha, nah i know Ariel cos he demos my pedals and he introduced Josh.
  • On the back of this thread I have just bought tickets to go tonight in London.

Added bonus is that  they are playing just down the road from my old house (now known as my ex wife's house). So leaving work early to re-visit some of my old haunts.

Will probably end up in the Drayton Arms pub around 7ish if any fellow fretboarders fancy an early beer?

• edbolivar said:

On the back of this thread I have just bought tickets to go tonight in London.

Added bonus is that  they are playing just down the road from my old house (now known as my ex wife's house). So leaving work early to re-visit some of my old haunts.

Will probably end up in the Drayton Arms pub around 7ish if any fellow fretboarders fancy an early beer?

Would love to join you, Josh is that good it would be worth the trip for me again....but I have to bloody work! Enjoy! Cheers,

DD