SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Reasonably portable PA system

LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
edited February 2018 in Amps £
Looking for a replacement PA system for the youth club I regularly work at doing music sessions. Minimum of about 8 channels, doesn't have to blow anyone's socks off as it's mostly going to be used at relatively low volume. Ideally one I can get away without having a separate sub, that'll fit in my car pretty easily.

What's out there? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My band uses a pair of JBL Eon Ones.  Great sound.  I was very skeptical,  based on the size, that it would keep up - but after gigs including a large marquee and a large indoor Atrium I had to eat my words.

The built in mixer is only 6 channels IIRC, but we use a separate outboard mixer anyway.

For lower volume stuff, I'd say one unit would be fine - of course as long as you don't mind mono.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • My band uses a pair of JBL Eon Ones.  Great sound.  I was very skeptical,  based on the size, that it would keep up - but after gigs including a large marquee and a large indoor Atrium I had to eat my words.

The built in mixer is only 6 channels IIRC, but we use a separate outboard mixer anyway.

For lower volume stuff, I'd say one unit would be fine - of course as long as you don't mind mono.
    Just looked at those...way out of budget. If I was buying new I'd be looking at Peavey Performer pack or similar, so under £400

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you