Strymon Sunset Owners assemble

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1844
So I listened to the hype an bought one of these a few months back and the left hand side immediately became the best and most favourite drive pedal ever. End of

However try as I might I just cannot get anything decent out of the right pedal. On it's own or in combination with the left. It's always such a moosh of sound, without the biting clarity you get from the left.

Anyone have any set up ideas. In an ideal world I'd want to use the left as mild drive then stomp on the right to knock it into hard crunch/distortion territory 

Ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited February 2018

I had the Sunset last year. I used to do exactly that. I set the left side (A) to the 'Ge' (Klon) setting and set up a light crunch and then feed than into the 'hard' (RAT) setting on the right side (B) which was set with not a lot of gain but added together it sounded good.

The trick was to play with the volumes on each side and also try A>B, B>A or parallel until you find the tone you're looking for.

With the amp I had a t the time I found that I couldn't set the gain on the 'Hard' setting too high or it got all flubby.

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    less is more i find with the right side.  
  • It does appear that way
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    edited February 2018
    Not for me! I love the 2-stage and Hard modes, but I run A+B in parallel (not stacked), with the bright on neutral or +1 with the following (o’clock):

Hard
    L: 1-2
    T: 1
    G: 2-3

I pair that up with the Ge mode:

L: 2
    T: 1
    G: 12
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes I would agree I prefer the parallel rather than the stacking. I never did like stacking pedals anyway. However, the versatility of the Sunset is amazing should I ever wish for that sound. Love it and is the only drive pedal on my board now 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom