Replacement steel tremolo block for Strats.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• markjmarkj Frets: 223
    They’re made to order so I’d guess you can specify the spacing and thread size.

Yes you can. Give him your requirements and he'll make you the correct block for your guitar. He also makes tremolo arms to suit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Just ordered a block and Trem arm from him for my 60s CV Strat. Cheers for the recommendation (I hope!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 1313
    And arrived today. What a great service! 
    Haven't fitted it yet...that'll happen soon and I'll report back. 
    merlin said:
    And arrived today. What a great service! 
    Haven't fitted it yet...that'll happen soon and I'll report back. 

Will look forward to your views.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 2222

What’s his email?  Wouldn’t mind ordering one.
    It’s in this thread.
    markj said:
    It’s in this thread.
    Doh, thanks, I see it now.  Will drop him a line next week and get one ordered.
  • Mine arrived a couple of days ago and i've fitted it. Perfect fit. Nicely machined. The difference in bulk between this and the original zinc block is huge. Adds lots of sustain, brightens it up a bit and generally makes it louder and bolder. Good mod and for less than half the price of the callaham.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 1313
    I bought a steel one and brass one. Fitted the brass one today. Perfect fit, really well machined and there's a noticeable increase in sustain and warmth. The guitar rings out more when unplugged and there's more clarity, more mids and the whole thing is clearer sounding on cleans. 

When driven a bit, the sound is fatter but with no loss in note separation, possibly more. Difficult to really describe, I don't quite know how it can be. It's a good upgrade though and I'm keen to try the steel one, but that's going to wait until the next string change. 

The sleeve sure as hell beats the little black springs. 

Just received mine today.  Excellent price and service from Kevin.  I've not fitted yet, but just really confirming on the thread that they are still available.  I've had Callaham in the past, which are good also, but these are just as good and far cheaper.
    Well machined steel and a lovely fit for the arm (I got the one with the sleeve).

Just received mine today.  Excellent price and service from Kevin.  I've not fitted yet, but just really confirming on the thread that they are still available.  I've had Callaham in the past, which are good also, but these are just as good and far cheaper.
    Well machined steel and a lovely fit for the arm (I got the one with the sleeve).

Update, gigged last night, definite improvement over the zink high 'mass block'.  Slightly less shrill top end and beefed up the lower mids.  Worth the investment!
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 303

Update, gigged last night, definite improvement over the zink high 'mass block'.  Slightly less shrill top end and beefed up the lower mids.  Worth the investment!
    I'm ordering one of these as well.  Did your standard trem arm fit nicely?
    No Darling....I've had that ages.