Acoustic guitar simulators

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
Do any of them work in a live situation?

I bought a cheap off the web and at home it sounds fab but live it ain't so hot.

Anyone use one live?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    It's normally the other way round... tolerable in a band mix, shit when you can actually hear it properly :).

The Boss AC-3 is probably the standard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    ICBM said:
    It's normally the other way round... tolerable in a band mix, shit when you can actually hear it properly :).
    I have two acoustic simulations in my AxeFX. One which makes my Tele sound like an acoustic guitar when played in isolation, and one which I use in a band mix. It’s thin and scratchy, like a cheap acoustic with a piezo pickup ... but that’s what we’re used to hearing.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    What about acoustic guitarist simulators?

;-)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    Roland said:
    ICBM said:
    I have two acoustic simulations in my AxeFX. One which makes my Tele sound like an acoustic guitar when played in isolation, and one which I use in a band mix. It’s thin and scratchy, like a cheap acoustic with a piezo pickup ... but that’s what we’re used to hearing.
    yes, a lot of famous songs have horrible scratchy acoustic backing, perhaps even with that awful Nashville tuning.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    What about acoustic guitarist simulators?

;-)
    I play an electric like it’s an acoustic and an acoustic like it’s an electric...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631

My son needed to do this a few years ago live. We bought a Korg FX pedal, about £50 new and it seemed to serve fairly well. Cannot recall the model # atmo but can find out if you like? 

Dave.