Andrew Scheps - Omni Channel Strip Plug-in (Waves)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 216
    edited March 15
    Am not going to miss out at this reduced price this time around!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 3124
    Cool! Thanks for the heads-up  :) :+1: 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 723
    duotone said:
    Thanks for the heads up. Definitely interesting but I'm still going to pass on this one for now.
    It's not a competition.
    edited March 19
    Got another 10% off using the YNY23 code at the bottom.

https://audiopluginguy.com/review-scheps-omni-channel-from-waves/
    New 24 Minute video with Andrew Scheps talking through the plug-in as he works on a track.

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 6878
    edited April 13
    I bought it recently.  I think it's decent.

My favourite bit about it is you can insert another Waves plugin in it.  I didn't actually read that about it to begin with, otherwise I'd have probably got it first time around.

Generally I stick Q2 in the insert, and use that to surgically reduce any static resonance(s) going on in the sound.  Then use the rest of the plugin to shape the sound, so the Omni's EQ can be used for the broader shaping without getting distracted by a ringing frequency.

In terms of workflow that's preferable to Slate's VMR for me for a bunch of things.  I do actually think the Slate Blue 76 and Distressor comps sound nicer but the EQ modules can be restrictive meaning you sometimes need to combine multiple.  And if you want to trim in the plugin that takes up the same amount of screen space as any other module.  In general I only use VMR for compression these days and use a different EQ plugin separately.

I don't always use channel strip plugins as sometimes I prefer being able to see if certain plugs are on or off from eyeballing my DAW's mixer.  But for some set and forget kind of sounds a channel strip can be a quick way of getting the sound and I think the Omni plug is worth a look for that scenario, especially if you have a decent amount of other Waves plugs that can go in the insert.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 873
    Got loadsa of Waves plugs....I like them, Omni channel is very cool, you can swap the things various plugs around and then expand them for more features. Im using it a lot lately.

Mac Mini i7, 2.3Ghz.
    Presonus Studio One Pro.
  • The $49 is worth it just for the "pre" section on this plugin. I've been using the saturation, hi & low passes and the "thump" buttons and they are quick and easy for luddites like me that want to move quickly.

"Lady" R8 /  "Fizz" Echopark Clarence Tennessee / "Marina" Fano JM6 / "Thandi" C.Shop Nocaster Thinline /  "Jonny" v1 Tele Plus / "Rose" L. Dickinson ES335 / "Clanger" Ricky 360/12 / "Angel" '02 SJ200 / "Roxy" Novo Sectis / "Willis" G5420 135th Anni
    equalsql said:
    I've noticed quite a few Slate virtual mix racks popping up for re-sale on KVR for around $100.

I also picked up the Waves F6 Dynamic Eq the other day for $29 dollars and it is superb.. incredible value at that price. 
    @equalsql ;
    Noticed today that there is a Q10 available, does it pretty much do the same thing as the F6?  https://www.waves.com/plugins/q10-equalizer
    No, Q10 is just a 10 band EQ, it doesn't do any dynamic bands.  F6 does dynamic bands.

Q10 is probably not worth getting if you already have a nice digital EQ plugin (e.g. Fabfilter Pro Q2).  Though I actually do use it myself, but mostly because you can always see the controls for all bands... I sometimes like to automate my EQ to have specific control rather than trying to get a dynamic band to react the way I want, and having all the controls always available makes that easier to write automation in real time.
    ^ Thanks @guitarfishbay ;
    I'm new to all this plug-in lark & don't want to end up with 2 things that do the same thing.  Would rather buy one at a time and get used to using them, than buying a whole bundle & being overwhelmed.

I downloaded the F6, for the 7 day trial...will let you know how I get on.
    I like F6.  If you can get it on a $29 deal it's worth it IMO.  Also be aware that there's usually an active discount code for Waves, I think the current one is YNY23.  Buying from a website such as Audio Deluxe is usually cheaper than going direct.
    I'll check https://www.audiodeluxe.com , yeah its $29 on there as well, so the same as the Waves website. Will let you know about that discount code if I purchase it.  Actually that code is the same one I used when I bought the Scheps Omni-Channel!

I found the discount code here on a review: https://www.audiopluginguy.com/review-scheps-omni-channel-from-waves/