Partscaster 'Build' Olympic White with maple SMO-FAT Allparts neck

Hi all, this the the first thread I've started. I've been reading here for a while.

I'm 'building' a Stratolike from various bits I've bought- Have to say I had no idea the variety of other suppliers around so perhaps depending on how this goes together I may swap/upgrade. It's the first guitar I've built so it's a learning curve.

I'm going for Olympic white nitro with a maple neck with the skunk stripe, I've got the following:

Neck: Allparts SMO-FAT
Body: Guitarbuild Alder SSS 60's strat
Bridge: Fender classic style tremolo with the bent saddles
Tuners: Gotoh Nickel Classic style slotted
Pickups: Tonerider Surfari

The usual CTS/CRL/Orange Drop/Cloth wire electronic stuff. I'm doing neck inserts and all metal hardware is Nickel rather than chrome.

I've completed the Electrics:
https://i.imgur.com/STKYVYH.jpg?1

The black ground wires were combined and heat shrink applied (hardly vintage I know, but I wanted to leave them standard length in case I ever sell/reuse the pickups)

The body has been sprayed with the nitro (just awaiting gloss finish, curing and buffing)

The neck was originally sprayed (by me) in vintage/honey amber nitro, but I stupidly put a fender logo on, in removing it the nozzle of the rattle can wasn't clean so when I went to re-finish the head it came out looking terrible, so it's all been stripped for 'take 2'

Sorry for the long rambling start!

Thanks for reading.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments