NBD - New Body Day

What's Hot
Just got my body back from @lamf68 today.  Light weight 2-piece ash body from guitar build.  Sent Rich a few pics of what I wanted, and I'm totally blown away with the results.  I've had a few bodies painted in the past, but the step up in quality here is unquestionable.  Candy apple red over gold with light relicing and checking it's lovely!

Waiting on a neck from Graham at  GSP and have some good stuff waiting to go in this one, no expense spared, will post some pics once it's all together.

Really hard to do it justice in a photo, but here's a taster

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2345
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    I'm working on it.

That colour WOW

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    GSPBASSES said:
    I'm working on it.
    No rush ;)  It's pretty isn't it, looks even better in the flesh
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2345
    tFB Trader
    To make sure you have it by the end of next week, I'm making two the same in case I f*** one up.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Best CAR I have seen, amazing depth. Fender, please take note of how it should be done. :-)
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    When it’s complete and it’s side by side with the pics of the original it’s copied from I’m sure nobody will tell the difference. Every Knick and scuff perfectly reproduced in my opinion. Was nice to work off pics again. Glad your happy John.
    I'll post some pics of the two side by side when I get chance.  Mint green or white is the current dilemma :)
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    I think if you can find a decent subtle mint green it’ll be a spot on match for the original mate, I have seen some mint green guards that are verging in Surf Green though. Gotta be careful.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Can I order a copy from @lamf68 or would that be bad form?
    edited February 2018
    Chalky said:
    Can I order a copy from @lamf68 or would that be bad form?
    Absolutely- mines a copy of something I found on tinternet so feel free .   I can see Rich spending all his time doing CAR relics
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Oh man, that is such an amazing CAR - so deep and glassy!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • It's a big fat wow from me! What's the specs on the neck you are waiting for?