What's Hot

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I dream of Huntley  and Palmers Butter and Honey .  The one at 5 o'clock

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5137
    edited June 2018
    57Deluxe said:
    Here's a treat - -Get some Basic Choccie bics and slaver a dollop of Peanut Butter on top... Ridiculously lavish for little money...

http://i68.tinypic.com/2cmt4lg.jpg

Alternatively, if you want all that good stuff without the guilty feeling that you're eating like a shitfaced undergraduate at 3AM

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/peanut_butter_squares_17553

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Sporky said:
    vale said:
    i have an unashamedly european palette for bisuits. i just cannot be doing with the stodgy sugary undercooked doughblobs most brits call biscuits.
    I certainly admire many "mainland" biscuits. For our Fox there is Bahlsen for starters. The mighty biscuit Ritter Sport.

And you're right about those gingery ones from Germany - also the ones that have a bit of apricot jam in the middle (though there may be debate on whether they are biscuits).

vale said:

i accept some of these choices may provoke cake-biscuit police action. time crime nom-nom-nom.
    Cakes are good people. I have no problem with this becoming a general baked-comestible discussion whatsoever. The cake-biscuit police are only welcome here if they leave their warrant cards at the door and bring something edible to share. Perhaps some chocolate Bath Olivers - probably the hardest biscuit I have ever eaten, and magnificent with it.
    My parents used to live in Normandy and there was a place near them called "Le Maison De Biscuit" which was a small weird museum on biscuit making.  The biscuits you could buy in the shop were the food of the gods.  Never tried biscuits like them.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited June 2018
    Twiglets?

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    jdgm said:
    Twiglets?

^ burn him!... sir, take you savoury devil sticks and sit in the corner!... think about what you have done :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28148
    poopot said:
    jdgm said:
    Twiglets?

^ burn him!... sir, take you savoury devil sticks and sit in the corner!... think about what you have done :)
    Gently does it, chief.

Look at this poor soul not as a heretic, but as a lost waif. One to bring into the biscuitty fold, so to speak.

@jdgm - might we offer you an Abbey Crunch and a hot beverage?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    You guys haven't lived until you have tried the Dark Chocolate Extra Thin Pocky. I've only been able to find them in the bag of an Australian traveller I met on Mount Kinabalu.

It's has a way better chocolate to biscuit ratio than the regular Pocky or Mikado. 
    Sporky said:
    poopot said:
    jdgm said:
    Twiglets?

Gently does it, chief.

Look at this poor soul not as a heretic, but as a lost waif. One to bring into the biscuitty fold, so to speak.

@jdgm - might we offer you an Abbey Crunch and a hot beverage?
    A tenner says the beverage will be “hot bovril” ;)
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    The other day my girlfriend announced that she couldn't stand Bourbon creams. I very nearly walked. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    545454 said:
    The other day my girlfriend announced that she couldn't stand Bourbon creams. I very nearly walked. 
    I'd find it hard to defend the idea that the Bourbon is a world-leading biscuit, but as a decent session biscuit it is surely up there with the Custard Cream, gently nipping at the plain digestive's heels.

Each to their own, of course, but sometimes their own is an abomination against nature.

In other news, I have been remiss in not making sure everyone is aware of Choc Gems.

You are, I imagine, familiar with the disappointment that is the Iced Gem. The Choc Gem is to the Iced Gem what a fine champagne is to a cracked plastic beaker full of bear urine. The chocolate bit is actually chocolate, and the biscuit is a tiny digestive. They are uncommonly good.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    Chocolate malted milk
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Orange Viscounts
    Dopesick said:
    Orange Viscounts
    Good shout!!!!
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Dopesick said:
    Orange Viscounts
    Is that you Nan?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    FX_Munkee said:
    Dopesick said:
    Orange Viscounts
    Is that you Nan?
    I think I lol'd more at the idea that your Nan would refer to herself as 'Dopesick' on the internet ;)
  • iain.reverbiain.reverb Frets: 246
    Sporky said:
    Aware as I am that biscuits are a topic of significant interest to many tFBers, I would like to offer my latest thoughts on the subject.

1. McVities Digestive Thins are excellent - both the milk and dark chocolate.
    2. If you find yourself in the Netherlands, see if you can pick up some StroopKoeken. Two very short biscuits stuck together with buttery syrup. Just a hint of cinnamon to the assemblage.
    Feel free to add your own thoughts on any recent developments in the arena.
    Totally agree been eating Stroopwaffels in the office in Amsterdam all afternoon. 
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Chocolate hobnobs
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    Sporky said:
    Aware as I am that biscuits are a topic of significant interest to many tFBers, I would like to offer my latest thoughts on the subject.

1. McVities Digestive Thins are excellent - both the milk and dark chocolate.
    2. If you find yourself in the Netherlands, see if you can pick up some StroopKoeken. Two very short biscuits stuck together with buttery syrup. Just a hint of cinnamon to the assemblage.
    Feel free to add your own thoughts on any recent developments in the arena.
    Totally agree been eating Stroopwaffels in the office in Amsterdam all afternoon. 
    Go to a Jumbo and get some StroopKoeken.

Then post them to me.

Please.
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    i think everyone should eat a farley's rusk at least once a year. not only outrageously delicious, but also very grounding. i've witnessed grown men & women reduced to dewey eyes by the experience. the biscuit equivalent of breast milk (which my lidl doesn't stock).
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    vale said:
    i think everyone should eat a farley's rusk at least once a year. not only outrageously delicious, but also very grounding. i've witnessed grown men & women reduced to dewey eyes by the experience. the biscuit equivalent of breast milk (which my lidl doesn't stock).
    Don’t think my lidl does breast milk either.