Sending guitars through the post?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
I might be selling my guitars to fund a new one, is it worth listing them as collection only? I dread the old ''it arrived broken'' or ''its not as described'' , what do you guys think?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bubble wrap is your friend, lots and lots and lots of it. 
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited February 2018
    I find the headstock and neck fit through the letterbox but when you get to the body its game over  :(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    Finding a box will be a bit of a task.
  • If you value it, take/fetch it yourself.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    They arnt particularly expensive guitars, a Squier Standard Tele and a Korean Epi Les Paul, I would rather deliver them but driving to Scotland might be a bit costly. 
  • You can take the necks off of the bolt on guitars.
    To make for easier posting.

Remember all guitars arrive in store in boxes sent from other countries. They're not as flimsy as forum wisdom would have you believe
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Just be careful when you push it through the hole in the letterbox.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Finding a big enough envelope is the real challenge.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • squier, neck off w bubblewrap in a box will be fine. Epi Les paul needs a case and more care.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423

Decide also whether you want them to be insured in transit as that can increase the cost quite a bit. Parcelfarce won't cover instruments at all. Others like UPS will but you'll only get maybe £25 cover in the base price, £100 with UPS Premium. Many here, me included, will probably say its not really worth the extra cost of insuring guitars of that type - just pack them really well.

Better still sell them to someone within driving/collecting distance. For guitars like that it should be easy to find buyers fairly nearby.