Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Kentucky Fried What?

What's Hot

Comments

• In the light of today's news story about KFC having to temporarily close outlets due to undersupply of chicken, what substitute meats would you consider acceptable?

Rabbit? Turkey? Pigeon? Goose? Duck? Dog? Cat? 
    Seitan. I visited the new branch of Temple of Seitan in Camden at the weekend and it was delicious. As one of those Corbyn-voting commie hippie bearded millenial types that doesn't eat the flesh, fluid or excrement of animals, I had a quiet chuckle to myself whilst reminiscing about my lovely spicy fillet burger and fries.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    Hmm.   What else would taste good when fried in a crispy seasoned batter?

anything.  Everything.

Could have done Kentucky Fried Cauliflower and had a vegetarian week

Fried Cauliflower in buffalo sauce does very well as an alternative to wings.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    I imagine it does, I think it would work quite well in a heavily seasoned batter.  It was a serious suggestion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    Chav food innit, surprised Salford didn’t have riots again. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I would’ve thought the fact KFC is temporarily closed is a blessing. The media are talking about it as if it’s a national disaster.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4910
    Chav food innit, surprised Salford didn’t have riots again. 
    @jonnyburgo - they did in Walkden!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-43114005

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    Heartfeltdawn said:

From October last year: 

"KFC revolutionises UK foodservice supply chain with DHL & QSL appointment" 

https://www.caterlyst.com/c3t/insight/Insight.aspx?n=19021

ROFL. 
    I assume this is what’s meant by “disruptive innovation”...

:)

AlexC said:
    I would’ve thought the fact KFC is temporarily closed is a blessing. The media are talking about it as if it’s a national disaster.
    I wonder whether the dip in heart disease rates will be noticeable when the stats are looked at in a year o two?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    KFC - Kan't Find Chicken

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    From the local news website. It's all kicking off in Erith.

Employees at the KFC fast-food restaurant in Manor Road, Erith were filmed apparently "smuggling" chicken in through the back door after "teething problems" with a new delivery service forced branches to shut when they ran out of food to serve. 

KFC is investigating the restaurant's behaviour after two employees allegedly took chicken from a Volvo into the store. A video shows a pair carrying a large box of black bags through the fire door. 

Danny Mercer, who recorded the footage, can be heard saying: "Smuggling chickens! Are you smuggling chickens? They're smuggling chickens.

"Look at them trying to act all shifty like it's just a box, there's nothing in it. They're smuggling chickens in a Volvo."

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What if it costs a Guinea and tastes foul?
    Costa Guinea Fowl......I'll stick to the Coffee  B)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • KKJale said:

Employees at the KFC fast-food restaurant in Manor Road, Erith were filmed apparently "smuggling" chicken in through the back door after "teething problems" with a new delivery service forced branches to shut when they ran out of food to serve. 

KFC is investigating the restaurant's behaviour after two employees allegedly took chicken from a Volvo into the store. A video shows a pair carrying a large box of black bags through the fire door. 

Danny Mercer, who recorded the footage, can be heard saying: "Smuggling chickens! Are you smuggling chickens? They're smuggling chickens.

"Look at them trying to act all shifty like it's just a box, there's nothing in it. They're smuggling chickens in a Volvo."

They were just winging it
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    I worked for the major logistics partner for mcdonalds many years ago. One new year they (mcd's) decided to do a BOGOF on big macs (I think it was them, one of the range anyways). Needless to say a lot of the outlets run out of stocks and had to stop the offer. This caused actual riots in some places, 1 store manager was stabbed, and there were multiple cases of the police having to be called to arrest abusive members of the public.

It was about then when I lost my faith in humanity. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited February 2018
    my local news said police have asked people to stop ringing them over the kfc dilemma. Its not a police matter!  FFS who are these people?  
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    KKJale said:

Nah, I reckon it's roadkill, as I suggested. Just give a wash down in chlorine and we're good to go =)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Bloomin' 'eck. Buckethead has lost weight. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    KKJale said:

KFC is investigating the restaurant's behaviour after two employees allegedly took chicken from a Volvo into the store. A video shows a pair carrying a large box of black bags through the fire door

Employees were chickens. They should have had the guts to use the front door.
  • No actual proof it was chicken they were smuggling. It could have been anything.

what a load of hysterical nonsense.

Colonel Sanders.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJale said:

Have you been to Erith? It's *always* kicking off somewhere. 

I played a NYE gig in an Erith pub a few years back. The highlight was when the pub suddenly cleared around 1am - everyone had gone outside to watch a fight..! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • No actual proof it was chicken they were smuggling. It could have been anything.

what a load of hysterical nonsense.

Colonel Sanders.
    It could have just been crystal meth.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.