SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted WTB: 1960 Gibson Les Paul Junior cherry red

What's Hot
ASWASW Frets: 7
edited April 2018 in Guitars £

SortedWTB: 1960 Gibson Les Paul Junior in cherry red. Ideally I would like a ‘players’ standard guitar e.g re finish/ re fret as I’m going to gig it hard and don’t want to wear out a mint example (Or have the budget for it..)

I would be willing to pay between £3,000 -£4,000 (Depending on condition etc..) for the above ‘standard of Les Paul Junior.

Know it’s a long shot but thought I’d try here first before going State side..

Cheers,

Andy 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd definitely have a chat with yuuki about this sort of thing as he might have something @jumping@shadows ;. The man is pretty close to genius status in my book!

• ASWASW Frets: 7
    Cool thanks for the tip off! cheers 
    Little bump still looking for a 1960 Junior...
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5626
    edited March 2018
    @ASW Why are you looking for a '60 in particular - the slim neck?
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    @jamesoliver1234 I think has one, but I doubt it is for sale. Have you thought about looking at getting a historic, mine is 2001 and is great :)
    Brize Hi and thanks for the comments, yea looking for the slimmer neck that the 1960 has. 

KDS hi, I have thought about a historic reissue as I know they are great might still get JJ guitars to make me something too however at the moment I feel I need to scratch that itch..

any help always appreciated! 

Cheers,

Andy
    ASW said:
    Brize Hi and thanks for the comments, yea looking for the slimmer neck that the 1960 has. 
    Out of interest, have you ever played one? Those necks can be really, really slim. I was surprised when I played a '60 at just how slim - and frankly uncomfortable - the neck was.
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    My late 60/early 61 has the slim neck, but it’s not that slim. Very similar to my block reissue 335.

Rob
    edited March 2018
    Ossyrocks said:
    My late 60/early 61 has the slim neck, but it’s not that slim. Very similar to my block reissue 335.

Rob
    The neck profile got slightly deeper again in late '60 through to '61. I've played a '61 Junior - one of the last to be made in the Les Paul shape - and it was much more comfortable than the '60.
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    edited March 2018
    Worth noting that there's '60s out there with bigger necks too. As you'll often hear: "nothing changed on Jan 1st", I've seen a number of '60 Juniors/Standards/Specials sold as "with '59 specs". Generally speaking once they went slim in '60, it was around '64 that they started fattening up again.
    jhumber said:
    Worth noting that there's '60s out there with bigger necks too. As you'll often hear: "nothing changed on Jan 1st", I've seen a number of '60 Juniors/Standards/Specials sold as "with '59 specs". Generally speaking once they went slim in '60, it was around '64 that they started fattening up again.
    Yep, earlier '60 guitars will have '59 profiles.
    Thanks for all the comments, I have played a quite a few and they do vary.. in general I am looking for a neck "thinner than a classic 59" however I will be trying the guitar first and appreciate a 61 may also be a good shout. The difficulty i'm having is finding something suitable in the UK at the moment.. 
    Just like to say a massive thanks to all the people on this forum for honest and supportive advice in helping me find my dream guitar over the past few months.  It’s really appreciated.

And yea I did go well over budget and ended up with an amazing 59 from @fretfinder ;that’s been on the forum before and I believe owned by @monoamine and  @miserneil ;

Cheers,

Andy 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom