Blue PRS - Got a bit of GAS..

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
Andertons have an "epic deal" on these

https://www.andertons.co.uk/prs-se-chris-robertson-signature-guitar-in-kentucky-blueburst-secrkbb

I'm not a huge fan of Black Stone Cherry, but the combination of that colour and a P90 and Humbucker together is getting me a little hot under the collar...

Put me off....?
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• And the wraparound bridge. Looks pretty sweet.

Chris Robertson posts videos pretty frequently on the PRS FB group, guy is a good guitarist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7105
    This is the "go to" blue PRS at the moment... 

PRS 2018 SE Standard 24 Trans Blue

...I know yours is better, because yours is more expensive, so that means it's better coz that's just science, but trust me, if you want all the groupies flashing their nik-naks at ya....go for this !!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    tony99 said:

...I know yours is better, because yours is more expensive, so that means it's better coz that's just science, but trust me, if you want all the groupies flashing their nik-naks at ya....go for this !!
    Actually that one if pretty damn gorgeous as well, neither is mine.... yet ;)
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    There's one on here somewhere for £429, cherry finish though I think.  I can't find it for love nor money though as it is within a multiple sale thread fro memory.
  • Is that bridge pickup a USA PRS pickup? I've heard it was, then they had a Korean version of it made.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Having a 57/08 in the bridge is pretty sweet thry’re really good pickups.  
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

I tried one a couple of months ago (at full price).  The one I tried was quite heavy.

Ended up getting a deal on a US made S2 Singlecut Satin, which is a really great guitar.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    https://i.imgur.com/3GM308S.jpg

Looks nice.

Is that it with the bluetooth switched on?
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'It will do anything from beautiful blues to high gain rock due to its 57/08 bridge pickup. These pickups are modelled after the popular American made 57/08s which are PAF style humbuckers that clean up beautifully.'
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited February 2018
    'It will do anything from beautiful blues to high gain rock due to its 57/08 bridge pickup. These pickups are modelled after the popular American made 57/08s which are PAF style humbuckers that clean up beautifully.'
    Ah I thought they had an actual US 57/08 not a Korean version of the same pickup.  
  • Adam_MD said:
    'It will do anything from beautiful blues to high gain rock due to its 57/08 bridge pickup. These pickups are modelled after the popular American made 57/08s which are PAF style humbuckers that clean up beautifully.'
    Ah I thought they had an actual US 57/08 not a Korean version of the same pickup.  

I know....the webpage is misleading. At the top it says:

PRS SE Chris Robertson Signature Guitar in Kentucky Blueburst

With Incredible USA 57/08 Pickups!

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6387
    I think they look feckin' awesome !!!!! 

Make sure the neck profile suits you - there tends to only be one profile per PRS SE model.  "Pattern" (was Pattern Regular) is a sensible compromise between 50s/60s neck - I like it and girth-fans seem to think it's ok.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    edited February 2018
    Jalapeno said:

Make sure the neck profile suits you - there tends to only be one profile per PRS SE model.  "Pattern" (was Pattern Regular) is a sensible compromise between 50s/60s neck - I like it and girth-fans seem to think it's ok.

Isn't Pattern the old Wide Fat?

Edit:

Pattern is based on the old Wide Fat.  Pattern Regular is based on the old Regular.

https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/neckprofiles.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    Irony of ironies, the PRS in blue with the zebra pickups recommended by @tony99 is due in at Andertons on 10th May, and I'm due down there at the beginning of June....

Fate calling me to that guitar...? ;)
  • Andertons have an "epic deal" on these

https://www.andertons.co.uk/prs-se-chris-robertson-signature-guitar-in-kentucky-blueburst-secrkbb

I'm not a huge fan of Black Stone Cherry, but the combination of that colour and a P90 and Humbucker together is getting me a little hot under the collar...

Put me off....?
    Put you off? It’s still too expensive even with the ‘epic deal’. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6387
    edited February 2018
    crunchman said:
    Jalapeno said:

Isn't Pattern the old Wide Fat?

Edit:

Pattern is based on the old Wide Fat.  Pattern Regular is based on the old Regular.

https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/neckprofiles.html

You're right - I confuddled meself. Your linkee no workee -  https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/neckprofiles.html

Point remains - PRS only do a single profile per SE model

The old PRS SE Wide Fat, wasn't particularly wide, or that fat (smidge to much for me, but nothing like 50s Les Pauls)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:

You're right - I confuddled meself. Your linkee no workee -  https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/neckprofiles.html

Point remains - PRS only do a single profile per SE model

The old PRS SE Wide Fat, wasn't particularly wide, or that fat (smidge to much for me, but nothing like 50s Les Pauls)

Having owned 3 PRS with Wide Fate profiles, and also an R8, the Wide Fat isn't in the R8 league, but having said that, I've sold them all now.  Much prefer the Regular/Pattern Regular.

I can't recommend the S2 Satins enough.  Once it's got a bit of playing on, the neck is so nice to play.

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    tony99 said:

No! They're all going for clear knobs on blue now. 
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    Adam_MD said:

I know....the webpage is misleading. At the top it says:

PRS SE Chris Robertson Signature Guitar in Kentucky Blueburst

With Incredible USA 57/08 Pickups!

The original run (introduced 2016) had a full fat USA 57/08, but the latest model has a Korean made version of said pickup.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What do we make of the Bernie Marsden and Tremonti models on offer?