Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beautiful songs/albums you can't listen to anymore

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
edited February 2018 in Music
1988 I met a beautiful girl and fell head over heels and seemingly she too... I would play this album as we slumbered in the afterglow... Sadly, it never worked out for us and broke my world, so much so that even thinking of this incredible band and album still cuts me up, So, it just sits in the rack unplayed... I can't even look for the full album on YT so you have to have one taster...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    edited February 2018
    Any of the Blue Nile albums. They’re beautiful things but they remind me of a really shitty time in my life and I can’t bear to hear them anymore. 

Oh oh and Nessun Dorma. We had it played at my dad’s funeral. Still chokes me up every time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    Any Jim Reeves or Slim Whitman. Reminds me of my late folks. Beautiful music but just can't do it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6098
    Get Here by Oleta Adams.
    It was released shortly after my mother died and some how the words reflected how I felt about her loss in that I would have done anything, truly anything just have her back. I was so utterly grief stricken  I would have crossed oceans, continents  just to see her alive again... And I still would.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    I still listen to it but Shine On You Crazy Diamond was played at a friends funeral and its been a totally different song since.  He was in his mid 20s and virtually everyone I know was at his funeral, I distinctly remember looking round the church at the people in my life all sad at the same time.  Very strange feeling.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Blackbird by Mike Oldfield.

It's the soundtrack to Natasha leaving me last year.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited February 2018
    Atmosphere by Joy Division, reminds me of a close friend who killed himself in 1996 - beautiful track but too sad for me to listen to since.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited February 2018
    All About Chemistry LP by Semisonic. Great album with loads of great songs but it reminds me of the worst time of my life so it had to go. Even thinking about it now makes me feel agitated.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    All About Chemistry LP by Semisonic. Great album with loads of great songs but it reminds me of the worst time of my life so it had to go. Even thinking about it now makes me feel agitated.
    Thinking about 'Blackbird' makes it play in my head and that just takes me straight back there.
    It doesn't have to be playing out loud.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    @57Deluxe That Love and Money album was superb! I bought it when it came out and absolutely loved it although most of my stuff back then was more heavy/guitar oriented. I haven't actually heard it for a couple of decades now, another victim of not owning a record player. Hmnnn .... I wonder what I'd think of it now.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Lots of neo classical shred guitarist albums. I can't play them now because they are terrible. They weren't ever beautiful to be honest but let's not split hairs.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bike by Pink Floyd. Introduced my first wife to the song when Syd died. She really took to the story of Syd and the early Floyd. And she had Bike as her ringtone.

She died in 2007. And if I hear Bike I turn into a mess. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Puff The Magic Dragon. I went through a strange period in top infants, looking back I think it was anxiety. I was fine walking to school on my own in middle infants, but for some reason the next year I was inseparable from my mum. I'm not sure if something happened that made me realise something about mortality, but it was horrible.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Puff The Magic Dragon. I went through a strange period in top infants, looking back I think it was anxiety. I was fine walking to school on my own in middle infants, but for some reason the next year I was inseparable from my mum. I'm not sure if something happened that made me realise something about mortality, but it was horrible.
    I can't listen to it either. It's the line "Dragon's live forever, not so little boys."

• I have many songs that spark off many memories good and bad but none that would make me not listen to them.
  • For me, when I was a teenager, I used to love LostProphets. Well after he got caught, Shame for the rest of the bands efforts but its a little tainted for me.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30881
    Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. I used to sing it to Winnie

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    1se7en said:
    For me, when I was a teenager, I used to love LostProphets. Well after he got caught, Shame for the rest of the bands efforts but its a little tainted for me.
    Deleted it from my itunes account, not fair on the rest of them but I want nothing to do with it.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    I can't listen to the Velvet Underground's third album. When I bought it as a young lad I also bought what was quite possibly the worst Gameboy game ever (Bugs Bunny in the Crazy Castle). 80 levels of pure shit only to be greeted with a solitary "Congraturations" (sic) at the end. And I listened to that velvets album a lot whilst playing, so now if I ever hear a song from that album I have a Pavlovian response and all I can think of is that awful game. Who would ever make a game with a rabbit in it that can't jump? 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac. Always reminds me of a lass I met at uni by that name. Sadly, she was the ‘one that got away’ and I’ve yet to come to terms with it. Bloody lovely she was.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    Stare the emotions down, people.

I can send myself to a discomforting place just by thinking of the lyrics to This Woman's Work by Kate Bush. I never stopped listening to the song. I just have to wait a while before following it with any other music.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.