SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED IEM System

What's Hot
robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
edited February 2018 in Misc £
Swapping to a digital desk to do away with the desk and multicore and want to try IEM's to lose the monitors!

Anything out there?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sorted - bought a Gear4Music one for £60. I’m sure it’s a cheapo Behringer-like brand but i’m not doing a world tour (yet?)! 

• robwright said:
    Sorted - bought a Gear4Music one for £60. I’m sure it’s a cheapo Behringer-like brand but i’m not doing a world tour (yet?)! 
    I'm looking for some IEM system so I'd be interested on your thoughts of the ones you bought @robwright ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Will let you know - they get decent reviews and for £60 seem a bit of a bargain. I paid an extra £5 to extend the warranty for 3 years so if they aren't reliable, I have some comeback!

• @robwright . How's it going with your new Gear4Music IEMs? I'm looking for a cheap IEM solution... so it'd be good the learn about your experiences with them.

Thanks.

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
     Not tried it at a gig yet but the sound quality is pretty good and reception seems ok in the house at least. Can’t believe how good it is for £60! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robwright said:
     Not tried it at a gig yet but the sound quality is pretty good and reception seems ok in the house at least. Can’t believe how good it is for £60! 

Thanks for the info.... and such a rapid reply!!!  Have a 'wisdom'.

Would be good to hear what you think after you've gigged it. So, if you can update us then... that would be very much appreciated too.

I'm looking at having 2 or 3 of these for the band (for vocals)... while also running two Line 6 Relay wireless units (for guitar and bass). Any ideas if there'd be interference etc.?

Thanks again.

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    Well I also bought a Line 6 G75 at the same time so I can give you a dual review! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robwright said:
    Well I also bought a Line 6 G75 at the same time so I can give you a dual review! 

That would be great!

In our band, I use a G50 and the bassist uses a G30. We've used them for about 5 or 6 years. Work really well. Only time we ever had drop out issues was when we played a large TV and film studio... where there was loads of wireless kit doing all sorts of clever things.... and even then, our Line 6 wirelesses only had a few very brief drop outs.

FYI... the G50 has a better dynamic range than the G30 - so you get more 'feel' when you play. I think the G75 has the same or better dynamic range than the G50... so I think you'll enjoy wireless on your guitar.  :-)

Thanks again.

• @robwright ; Just wondering how the IEM system is shaping up. Is it good... bad... mediocre?  thanks.