Andertons now saying 20.05.18 for Marshall Origin 20w head.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    The Burgs demo is great! I prefer it mic'd with a 609 though, the 57 seems to make this particular amp/speaker sound harsher and fizzier than it is in the room.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    Sweetwater already shipping these Origin 20W heads a day earlier than stated on their site!

The exchange rate makes them even more a bargain too.lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Why the fook are the US getting them first!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Largest single market?
  • Better supply route from Nam to the states?
    edited April 2018
    I know it is business but bloody hell, mine is travelling less than 20 miles from MK (ok I know they are made in Vietnam but it's a bit of a cheek imo).
    Gut shots of the 20 & 50 now hitting the forums. Quality looks really good!

Shame we have to wait in 'the queue' for them to hit our shores :)

• Spotted this  on the Marshall forum
    https://imgur.com/a/57GyMPm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    Gut shots of the 20 & 50 now hitting the forums. Quality looks really good!

Shame we have to wait in 'the queue' for them to hit our shores

Ooh, got any links? I can’t find anything on the Marshall forum, just geeks going on about it not being hand wired and made by old uncle buck in a shack like things used to be *Yawn*
    edited April 2018
    50W pics within the musicians roadhouse forum !
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Yup, my 50w head should be here today or tomorrow. Genuinely excited about this one!
    Anyone got theirs yet? I ended up with a 20w head and am wondering if it has a dodgy valve as there is pretty much no gain in it at all, only tried it at loud house levels but even with gain on max and boost engaged it’s only just breaking up. Even swapped to a Les Paul with a JB in the bridge and it’s cleanish?!
    Ok so I have spoken to a few people about this and the consensus is you cannot get it to overdrive at home volumes. Just had a chance to really crank it and it sounds lovely but for anyone wanting crunch at home levels this isn’t the amp for you without an external attenuator even on the 1w / low setting it will blow your windows out before getting AC/DC tones ;)
  • photek said:
    Ok so I have spoken to a few people about this and the consensus is you cannot get it to overdrive at home volumes. Just had a chance to really crank it and it sounds lovely but for anyone wanting crunch at home levels this isn’t the amp for you without an external attenuator even on the 1w / low setting it will blow your windows out before getting AC/DC tones ;)

That’s a shame. Classifieds will be full by the end of the weekend lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    When I tried the 20 watt combo at the Guitar show I was able to get a bit of break-up even on the 1/2 watt setting using a single-coiled guitar. But that was things maxed out. It's not a gainy amp though.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    Plectrum said:
    When I tried the 20 watt combo at the Guitar show I was able to get a bit of break-up even on the 1/2 watt setting using a single-coiled guitar. But that was things maxed out. It's not a gainy amp though.
    Maybe the 10’’ speaker helps, absolutely no way of getting the master up half way in my house even on the low power setting. It doesn’t really bother me as I will be gigging it but people aren’t going to get the drive tones from this thing at home and should be made aware.
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    photek said:
    Plectrum said:
    Maybe the 10’’ speaker helps, absolutely no way of getting the master up half way in my house even on the low power setting. It doesn’t really bother me as I will be gigging it but people aren’t going to get the drive tones from this thing at home and should be made aware.
    I'm no expert but I'd agree that the 10 inch speaker combined with half the wattage probably makes quite a difference to the volume you need to generate to drive the amp.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I wonder what a bass sounds like through the 20w head into a bass cab?