Nearly 21 years and Radioheads...

What's Hot
OK Computer still blows me away. Probably the best musically sounding album ever IMO. True musical art
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11745
    Couldn't agree more, stunning album.

Ironically, Radiohead made the right choice by declining to ever try to do the same again.  "Kid A" for me is also a minor masterpiece and I doubt attempting to do "OK Computer Mk 2" would have gained similar acclaim ("Amnesiac" sort of was Kid A part 2 I know, but the two were basically recorded together).

I try not to listen to OK too often, so it can still surprise me with how good it is...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Couldn't agree more, stunning album.

Ironically, Radiohead made the right choice by declining to ever try to do the same again.  "Kid A" for me is also a minor masterpiece and I doubt attempting to do "OK Computer Mk 2" would have gained similar acclaim ("Amnesiac" sort of was Kid A part 2 I know, but the two were basically recorded together).

I try not to listen to OK too often, so it can still surprise me with how good it is...
    Yes Kid A is also a great album. You're right trying to do the same again wouldn't of worked and it leaves you wanting more so you apreciate it more. I listen to it a couple of times a year. Never gets boring. OK Computer blew me away when it come out. In fact when I listen to it I feel exactly like I'm back 21 years ago in time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5459
    Still my favourite album but In Rainbows gives it a run for its money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320

can'ts stand kid A.  remember going to see them when they were touring it and it really didn't go down that well with the crowd.

Anyway best Radiohead album is  the bends..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    thomasw88 said:

can'ts stand kid A.  remember going to see them when they were touring it and it really didn't go down that well with the crowd.

Certainly a superb album, though for me they a superb catalogue.  I actually think Pablo Honey is unfairly maligned, it pales next to a lot of their other work, but a heck of a lot of bands would be very happy with it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 843
    Terrific album. I think "Electioneering" and  "Climbing Up the Walls" probably stop it from being a perfect album so Kid A pips it to the post.

• Ironically, Radiohead made the right choice by declining to ever try to do the same again.  

What's interesting is that they declined to make The Bends Mk2 when they made OK Computer. Some of the bonus stuff on the OKNOTOK reissue suggests that they could have, but didn't.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

oh_pollo said:
    Terrific album. I think "Electioneering" and  "Climbing Up the Walls" probably stop it from being a perfect album so Kid A pips it to the post.
    Ironically those are probably my two favourite tracks on it!  It's always funny how people react differently to different things.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    thomasw88 said:

Yep, was always my favourite.  Although I guess that I'm just an old fashioned rock fan.

btw "Lucky" was always my favourite track from OK Computer.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    The b sides from the bends/OK period were amazing, killer cars, lewis, how i made my millions etc top drawer stuff.  

Each album has great songs on I think the bends is one of the best collections of great songs ever released by anyone.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28026
    For me their albums can be put in order of release or how much I like them and the result doesn't change.

I do admire that they made a different album every time, but it seems a shame that they stopped making music I liked.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    For me their albums can be put in order of release or how much I like them and the result doesn't change.

I do admire that they made a different album every time, but it seems a shame that they stopped making music I liked.
    Your favourite is Pablo Honey?
    Yup.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    I think the bends is "the best" ok computer has some of the best musical moments on, parts of airbag and paranoid android etc are outstanding.  Pablo Honey reminds me of my youth and doesn't have a bad song on it.Lurgy, vegetable anyone can play guitar, you, stop whispering all stand out.
  • Great album, still number one overall album on RYM too. 

Bends is their second best IMO. 

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    They produced a good body of work and 'OK Computer' is a classic.

I don't wish to derail the thread but I thought this was a fine tribute to that album and it worked

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OK Computer, Kid A, The Bends and In Rainbows are all equally good in very different ways. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Sporky said:
    Yup.
    Cool, though when they wrote "Anyone Can Play Guitar" they clearly hadn't met me :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    They didn't say "Anyone can play guitar well". ;)
    Sporky said:
    They didn't say "Anyone can play guitar well". ;)
    Good point!  I am however not a Vegetable.

Here is a Radiohead song that some people might not have heard especially for everyone driving in the snow..

https://open.spotify.com/track/0qQJrnRX9UAlwwbs0TBQu2?si=CmBelGZeSe2i7xdjR8tYEg