Nearly 21 years and Radioheads...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Rayza1983Rayza1983 Frets: 40
    oh_pollo said:
    Terrific album. I think "Electioneering" and  "Climbing Up the Walls" probably stop it from being a perfect album so Kid A pips it to the post.
    I like Climbing Up the Walls think it's a great sounding track
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325
    Radiohead really have impressed me throughout their career. More so, I love the fact they can release quite experimental work, and still get the masses loving it.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    Rayza1983 said:
    oh_pollo said:
    Terrific album. I think "Electioneering" and  "Climbing Up the Walls" probably stop it from being a perfect album so Kid A pips it to the post.
    I like Climbing Up the Walls think it's a great sounding track
    I've always thought the crescendo/solo bit in Climbing Up The Walls is what music is for....
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Radiohead really have impressed me throughout their career. More so, I love the fact they can release quite experimental work, and still get the masses loving it.
    Wis’d as you summed them up so succinctly ;-) 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    edited March 2018
    Never liked OK Computer. Loved Kid A-mnesiac and Hail to the thief, listened to them to death then progressively went off them quite strongly. Last thing that I liked was Lotus Flowers and had zero interest since. 

It's weird because I never minded Thom Yorke but his singing quite grates on me now in a way that I used to read about from others. 

Conversely I listened to Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Tori Amos, White Stripes, Fiona Apple etc to death too (all strong characters) but can still put it on and enjoy. 

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5135

It's weird because I never minded Thom Yorke but his singing quite grates on me now in a way that I used to read about from others. 

Conversely I listened to Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Tori Amos, White Stripes, Fiona Apple etc to death too (all strong characters) but can still put it on and enjoy. 

It takes all sorts I guess. I always liked Thom Yorke's voice, but Tori Amos' "all the vowels when one would do" singing style irritates the living shiaeout out of me. 

Could be to do with the fact that the former Mrs_bob was a big fan and I was subjected to more Tori Amos than any heterosexual man before or since. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Rayza1983Rayza1983 Frets: 40
    Never liked OK Computer. Loved Kid A-mnesiac and Hail to the thief, listened to them to death then progressively went off them quite strongly. Last thing that I liked was Lotus Flowers and had zero interest since. 

Thom Yorke singing live now is awful you're right there

I find it hard to listen to the white stripes these days.

Ironically getting back into Gomez, who I went off because i thought white stripes did quirky blues better.

Funny getting older.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    OK Computer is incredible and the Bends too but it took until In Rainbows for me to feel Radiohead had cracked it again!
    The last album is great too and this is a classic.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    Rayza1983 said:
    OK Computer still blows me away. Probably the best musically sounding album ever IMO. True musical art

For two years up to last November, I would travel from Bristol to London to see my girlfriend once a week. OK Computer became a permanent fixture on my Sandisk Clip. It still sounds very fresh. The production is wonderful and going from the in-ear phones I had as a teenager to the M50X big ones now, there's little bits I come to appreciate, like the drumming on Let Down. 

• It was absolutely miles ahead of its time, stunning album, genius. The Bends also, not a mediocre note on that album, flawless.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6899
    The Bends also, not a mediocre note on that album, flawless.
    Have you removed Planet Telex from your copy?! 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Iamnobody said:
    The Bends also, not a mediocre note on that album, flawless.
    Have you removed Planet Telex from your copy?! 
    No. Wisdom. Awarded.
    If "The Bends" has a weakest track IMHO it's "Sulk" which sounds like it could easily have been on "Pablo Honey", still a decent song though.