SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Martin M38 Acoustic Guitar with pickup

£2100 ono or up for acoustic trades  

For sale - my Martin M38 which dates back to 2009. These guitars don’t come up too often because people tend to keep them. I am selling because I have a big birthday this year and I am either going to get a guitar built or treat myself to a Luthier custom guitar. This Martin is a wonderful guitar - so easy to play and sounds amazing. The tone and volume really exceeds its super comfy size. The neck is fast and straight. Plenty of saddle left. In overall really nice condition - one ding in lower bout and some other light play wear but no structural issues at all. Fitted with 3 transducer pickup fitted to internal bridgeplate - similar to k&k pure mini. Sounds very natural plugged in and no batteries etc to worry about. 

This is a rare chance to get a played in M38!!

Quite simply the Martin M 38 is a different guitar than any of those - it's a bigger body shape than a dreadnought - it's a grand auditorium shaped guitar that used to be known as the 0000 size instrument, but it's got a thinner or shallower depth to the body - not as deep as a dreadnought in size or depth; specifically, the depth is the same as a Martin 000 instruments, but this guitar has a much bigger sixteen inches measurement in it's lower bout dimension

Tonally, this guitar is designed to have less sustain than a dreadnought guitar would have - the notes are more evenly balanced, accelerate faster, and die off sooner. I'm also told that when this guitar is miked, it's less susceptible to feedback from the microphone.

The Martin M 38 has a 45 style rosette, a solid East Indian Rosewood bridge, bone nut and saddle, and a solid black ebony fingerboard. Of course this guitar comes with an upscale hard shell case, and this one is in the Martin 570 Geib style.

With the bone nut and saddle - these guitars are already outfitted for maximum sustain and volume - on top of the favorable design of the body - which was already in favor of clarity, evenness, and volume.

Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint

Body size: M(0000)-14 Fret

Top: Solid Sitka Spruce

Rosette: Style 45

Top bracing pattern: Standard X Scalloped, forward shifted

Top braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''

Back material: Solid East India Rosewood

Back purfling: Style 45

Side material: Solid East India Rosewood

Endpiece: White Boltaron

Endpiece inlay: Black/White Boltaron

Binding: White Boltaron

Top inlay style: Black/White/Black Boltaron

Side inlay: Black/White Boltaron

Back inlay: Black/White Boltaron

Neck material: Select Hardwood

Neck shape: Low Profile

Nut material: Bone

Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper

Headplate: Solid East India Rosewood w/Raised Gold Foil

Heelcap: White Bolaron with Black/White Inlay

Fingerboard material: Solid Black Ebony

Scale length: 25.4

# of frets clear: 14

# of frets total: 20

Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''

Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''

Fingerboard position inlays: Style 38

Fingerboard binding: White Boltaron

Finish back & sides: Polished Gloss

Finish top: Polished Gloss w/Vintage Toner

Finish neck: Satin

Bridge material: Solid East India Rosewood

Bridge style: Belly

Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8"

Saddle: 16" radius/ Compensated/Bone

Tuning machines: Gotoh Chrome w/Large knobs

Bridge & endpins: White w/Black Dots

Pickguard: Tortoise Color

Case: 570 Geib style

https://imgur.com/a/aaMaK

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sijos1sijos1 Frets: 17
    Ad seems to have duplicated. Mods can you please delete 
  • GazGaz Frets: 5
    still for sale ? interested in trades plus cash ?