New Vintage (I think) Supro cab day

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
So despite having sort of decided to move away from guitar once I've done my upcoming studio experience day thing, I seem to have bought (and today taken delivery of) this beautiful thing:

https://i.imgur.com/ppgwDB8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PJn8vI4.jpg

I believe it's vintage though the handle looks very new so I'm not sure, again supposedly has an original speaker in it but I've not looked inside yet. It's a 1x12, I believe a Supro Sahara. Hoping for some nice twangy Supro niceness. Was only £120 on eBay! It's very heavy in weight

Anybody know anything about these? It's in lovely condition but that means I'm a bit dubious as to whether it's real or just a very good imitation or something.

Oh and...erm... I suppose I'll need a nice little head to go with it now won't i
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Sweet!

Looks like an extension cab for a Bruce Zinky Supro Sahara combo from about 10+ years ago.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    Definitely modern not vintage, but it looks nice anyway!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    Ahh interesting, yes it did seem to be in too good a condition to be from as long ago as the Supro brand would have suggested. Should still be fun I hope, it weighs a lot for its size (I'm sure it's heavier than my Princeton amp...). 

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    edited March 2018
    Tried the cab briefly this evening, the Princeton through it sounded the same as it did through the combo, with the added benefit of another foot of cable added into the quagmire. I'm still not really sure why I bought this
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    Did you try both together? That should give you more depth and a little more volume.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom