Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Putin's Poisoners at it in Salisbury

What's Hot

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    ^ I was watching this just before...Dear me...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They are trolling us
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    They are trolling us
    Exactly. They don't give a shit, and they also know there are a small number of nutjobs here who will swallow it and incorporate it into the ever-circling spiral of conspiracist nonsense which already has the power to influence politics in the West.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I absolutely love this story. When I've read historical stories about the crazy shenanigans going on between political fronts and leaders of other countries, I get a feeling of joy and wonderment. To be living in a time when it still goes on makes me feel oddly happy!

Reading the summary of the interview with these Russian tourists brings a sly smile across my face. I mean, they're having a good bit of fun aren't they?
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/salisbury-attack-russia-uk-sergei-skripal-assassination-claims-novichok-a8536841.html
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    They are trolling us
    It looks that way. Plus it will have a possible deterrent effect on any other would be spies/defectors. The message is clear. We will get you and we don't give a f*ck what the world thinks about it.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I think they're only trying to convince the Russian people, they don't give a shit what we think.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24258
    I wouldn't be so quick to credit them with being that subtle.  There is a distinct possibility that this is a serious attempt to protest their innocence.  Russia isn't known for its finesse.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • I still agree with whoever said Putin's Poisoners is a good name for a band.

So long as they don't hire any Russian electricians/light crew/roadies ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    edited September 2018
    I absolutely love this story. When I've read historical stories about the crazy shenanigans going on between political fronts and leaders of other countries, I get a feeling of joy and wonderment. To be living in a time when it still goes on makes me feel oddly happy!
    That's not the emotion I'm feeling. It's depressing that after all the world has been through, we're still dumb enough to accept two obvious bad actors like trump and putin.
  • JezWynd said:
    I absolutely love this story. When I've read historical stories about the crazy shenanigans going on between political fronts and leaders of other countries, I get a feeling of joy and wonderment. To be living in a time when it still goes on makes me feel oddly happy!
    That's not the emotion I'm feeling. It's depressing that after all the world has been through, we're still dumb enough to accept two obvious bad actors like trump and putin.
    I agree with that too. I know my post sounded ignorant and stupid. I just feel helpless to change it so may as well chill out and smile at the insanity of the world we live in.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited September 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    "Ve vere just flying all ze vay from Moscow to England to visit the incredible internationally acclaimed town of.... Salisbury.  It's so vunderful.  Our friends said ve should come, so ve did.  Stayed two days and flew all the way back to Moscow.....  Ve are just tourists....    ...Honest"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45509697

Hahahahahaha.........

No, seriously....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Sorry but you're wrong.

I know someone who works for the tourist board who is pleased with this publicity. She says they have invested heavily in marketing Salisbury to the Russians with remarkable results, although she did say that maybe the Russian Traitor Tour guide bus shouldn't have stopped outside the Skripal's house for photos.

As far as she is concerned this is just a smear campaign by the British state aided by the BBC.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    I agree with that too. I know my post sounded ignorant and stupid. I just feel helpless to change it so may as well chill out and smile at the insanity of the world we live in.
    smile and grin at the changes all around
    just like yesterday
    and I get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again

Ha!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)

JezWynd said:
    smile and grin at the changes all around
    just like yesterday
    and I get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again

Ha!
    That's cool .. Who wrote that?

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Roger Daltrey? Pete Townshend?

'Tis my favourite track on Whos Next, which is my favourite Who album
  • Fretwired said:
    Sorry but you're wrong.

I know someone who works for the tourist board who is pleased with this publicity. She says they have invested heavily in marketing Salisbury to the Russians with remarkable results, although she did say that maybe the Russian Traitor Tour guide bus shouldn't have stopped outside the Skripal's house for photos.

I recommend not buying the 'perfume' in the gift shop.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Sorry but you're wrong.

I recommend not buying the 'perfume' in the gift shop.
    Apparently due to Brexit it's now made in Russia .. they've just launched a men's aftershave .. Putin swears by it ..

Roger Daltrey? Pete Townshend?

'Tis my favourite track on Whos Next, which is my favourite Who album

:-) :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The most bizarre explanation came from Craig Murray yesterday. 

The most bizarre explanation came from Craig Murray yesterday. 

Have you read this .. doing the rounds this morning ..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1741
    One thing i find really odd about all of this is Amesbury.

I have a relative who lives opposite the baptist church in Amesbury literally 15 metres away. The dya the two civillians were poisoned i was there visiting said relative. We even walked past the baptist church a few times that day at the time they were there (there was a community BBQ going on).

At the time they cordoned off the field they were using and the baptist church, roll forwards to now the field is all clear howver the baptist church is still cordoned off with 24 hour guards. Given what we now about where these people found the perfume bottle etc this is really strange and something doesn't add up to me.