Kurt Ballou business card - any advice?

What's Hot
I ordered a couple of Kurt Ballou business cards last night, eagerly waiting for them to turn up.

Surely someone on here has tried making one into a pedal?  Do you have any advice/guidance in my first pedal build?

I haven't ordered the Smallbear Electronics kit - it costs a ton to ship a load of cheap components across the pond.  Figured I could buy them here in the UK - do you know the best place??

The component checklist says it requires two TL072P Op Amps - there are similar but not identical Op Amps on RS-Online and Maplin - I suppose I could experiment...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

"P" means it's a DIP package I think (the standard-looking silicon chip legs, not surface mount etc.)

"CP" I think the "C" is the normal "Commercial" temperature range.  Not rated for use in desert regions, or something :)

So I think P and CP and other versions will be good enough for 99.9% of what we hobbyists do.  We'd probably have to peruse the data sheets to find the exact meaning of these suffixes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    revsorg said:

The component checklist says it requires two TL072P Op Amps - there are similar but not identical Op Amps on RS-Online and Maplin - I suppose I could experiment...

RC4558 

NE5532 

OPA2134

TL082

RTFM :-)

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    revsorg said:
    I ordered a couple of Kurt Ballou business cards last night, eagerly waiting for them to turn up.

Surely someone on here has tried making one into a pedal?  Do you have any advice/guidance in my first pedal build?

I haven't ordered the Smallbear Electronics kit - it costs a ton to ship a load of cheap components across the pond.  Figured I could buy them here in the UK - do you know the best place??

tell you what. if you would be willing to send me a spare card, ill send you the parts for building one. hows that sound?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    ThorpyFX said:
    tell you what. if you would be willing to send me a spare card, ill send you the parts for building one. hows that sound?

Sounds good - I'll get in touch with you when they arrive.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    revsorg said:
    ThorpyFX said:

Sounds good - I'll get in touch with you when they arrive.
    ideal, also if you need any help/advice for the build i can help you there too. however the build doc looks really great.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    @ThorpyFX the business cards arrived today - please PM your address so I can post yours