Bonamassa tomorrow night

welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
edited March 2018 in Music
OK, OK, I know.....but the opportunity presented itself...and I actually quite like him!!!

So, going to see him tomorrow night in Cardiff, hoping its going to be be a good gig.

Anyone else going (Cardiff)?

And more importantly, what should I expect - he must be fairly good live as an act - never see him before, got a few live albums but unsure whether the format of those previous live albums (Just got Paid, Sloe Gin etc etc) still get an outing on these later tours?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Saw him in Hammersmith last year, clearly great player, big sound, good band behind him. The set list was bland though, it was the same 12 bar blues theme for 2.5 hours, it honestly got to the point where one song blended into the next and you didn't know. 

I think the set list will depend on the "theme" he's into at the moment.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5628
    welshboyo said:
    OK, OK, I know.....but the opportunity presented itself...and I actually quite like him!!!

So, going to see him tomorrow night in Cardiff, hoping its going to be be a good gig.

Anyone else going (Cardiff)?

And more importantly, what should I expect - he must be fairly good live as an act - never see him before, got a few live albums but unsure whether the format of those previous live albums (Just got Paid, Sloe Gin etc etc) still get an outing on these later tours?
    How was it @welshboyo?  

Hopefully was a good gig for you.  I saw him last time he was in Cardiff a couple of years ago on a rainy November midweek night.  I recall he was very good but very self indulgent (can't hold it against him, I'd be the same in his shoes) and I got a tad bored - I'm all for guitar solos but c'mon, Joe, how many 15 minute guitar solos can you play in one night?  And the "bring it right down" quiet bits..... hmm, just finish the damn song already lol.

All that said I couldn't fault the guy's performance and he couldn't have been that bad as I went to see him waaaaaaaaay out of town at Newark Castle in the summer of 2016.  That was a pretty good show but Joanne Shaw Taylor opened for Joe that night and she was far better IMHO.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Will you bring all your guitar magazines for him to sign?
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Wasn't it 100 quid a ticket or something?