Anyone over 40 still skateboarding (or restarted)?

What's Hot

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Definitey sounds like a cruiser with kick is what I am after - need the kicktail for old-times-sake  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Finally got myself a board! It's a Lush longboard - think they are made in the UK - the other day.. one of the wheels doesn't spin for very long. Would that be a bit of grease required or new bearings.. ??

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    Finally got myself a board! It's a Lush longboard - think they are made in the UK - the other day.. one of the wheels doesn't spin for very long. Would that be a bit of grease required or new bearings.. ??

Looking good, don't grease the bearings it'll attract more dirt and grit. You might just need to loosen off the nut ever so slightly.

If that doesn't help here's the quick and dirty way to clean them and to do it properly.

You can buy bearing specific lubricant or I think you can use light oil as used for sewing machines. 
    thanks @paganskins I'll check it out. Have you heard of Lush before? Are they any good?

Also is there anything to clean the grip with? got some sort of pasty stain on it  :o  Was going to try WD40..

thanks @paganskins I'll check it out. Have you heard of Lush before? Are they any good?

I haven't sorry, looks decent enough tough and there's always scope to upgrade wheels, bearings and bushings (the rubber/plastic grommets things in the trucks).

Also is there anything to clean the grip with? Was going to try WD40..

I've a rubber block that's designed to clean sanding belts but that only works for dust from the indoor skatepark. I'd google it, water, detergent and a scrubbing brush might be best as long as you're careful not to get the edges of the deck wet.

got some sort of pasty stain on it  :o  
    :o indeed! Was a child involved? I've got some chocolate ground into my grip tape courtesy of my 7yo so do let me know if you manage to get it out.
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Lush have been around a long time. Good gear. Congrats 
    Ossyrocks said:
    Lush have been around a long time. Good gear. Congrats 
    Cheers buddy. Goes well just been on a little cruise with my 10 year old  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :o indeed! Was a child involved? I've got some chocolate ground into my grip tape courtesy of my 7yo so do let me know if you manage to get it out.
    WD40 did the trick!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    WD40 did the trick!
    Impressive, looking good :)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    How are you finding longboarding compared to skateboarding? It's something i've always fancied but never found the time (or the the board :) )

looks good btw :)
    LuttiS said:
    How are you finding longboarding compared to skateboarding? It's something i've always fancied but never found the time (or the the board :) )

looks good btw :)
    Love it. I haven't been "skateboarding" since I was a teen, so can't really compare, but for a 40+ Dad, cruising is so much fun and easy on a longboard.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    I admire people who risk serious injury by indulging in activities such as skateboarding. I like seeing skateboarders working on the various techniques and skills required. Gives me hope for the human race - learning by doing something that can hurt rather than playing a computer game.

Good on you guys.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    I admire people who risk serious injury by indulging in activities such as skateboarding. I like seeing skateboarders working on the various techniques and skills required. Gives me hope for the human race - learning by doing something that can hurt rather than playing a computer game.

Good on you guys.
    Cruising on a longboard is as safe as skateboarding gets ;)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Sweet, whats the spec on your board? Is it a long longboard? :)
  • westwest Frets: 996

this is the same set up as mine and also from gav at surrey skate who designed holey trucks , my wheels are different bennet aligators 71mm  but those 43mm speed vents look fab !  
    love this , plenty sliding and carving .........

west said:

this is the same set up as mine and also from gav at surrey skate who designed holey trucks , my wheels are different bennet aligators 71mm  but those 43mm speed vents look fab !  
    "rolls well, Just dont want to get it dirty"   :)

Go Olds .....
    west said:

Go Olds .....
    The dude at 3:35 is one crazyhorse!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    Maybe you could look at longboard surfing too, if you get to the sea much?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom