Harley Benton "Pro Fusion" new line Super strats

What's Hot
GizmoGizmo Frets: 1073
edited July 2018 in Guitar
EDIT:

So seems these are "Available immediately" 

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_fusion_hh_fr_mn_aqua.htm

anyone fancy doing a bit of QA for us ;)

Just cam across this on YT

Spec's i found else were (all spoken about in the above video)

pro series:

- for now superstrats only (think RG -ish)
- ebony, maple and baked maple boards
stainless steel frets! (medium jumbo)
floyd rose 1000 series or wilkinson tremolo
- locking tuners
- spokewheel trc adjustment at the base of the neck
- roswell pickups in HH or HSH configs
- actual maple tops with flamed/quilted veneers
- 5 way with seperate coilsplit switch
- new logo
- possibly flame maple necks (at upcharge)
priced at around 400€/£350

I have a HB Paradise Flame i picked up for £130 and with a good setup and fret level polish its as good as any guitar ive played upto £500,If they Do a HH with a HS layout (S sized rail H in the neck) i'll dropped for one of these for sure

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's sort of relevant, are Harley benton's usually poly finished or nitro???

I may well have asked this before...
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    tony99 said:
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's sort of relevant, are Harley benton's usually poly finished or nitro???

I'll eat my own shoes if it's not poly. Unless they've really upped their game since I last looked!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket said:
    tony99 said:

I'll eat my own shoes if it's not poly. Unless they've really upped their game since I last looked!
    I think your shoes are safe. My HB had a massively thick layer of poly on it, I stripped it and put on an oil finish instead. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    That is a bargain that like, if they do one with a more hot rodded strat approach - 22 frets instead of 24, no silly tops, I'd be well up for one of them.... 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    Bloody hell - great price for that spec!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    i think the only one for  would be the natural finish. The rest look naff IMO. Spec and price wise they look great.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Do people buy super strats? Why wouldn't you get an Ibanez in this price range? Like you turn-up to metal rehearsal with a Harley Benetton that looks like stonewashed denim and all the metal guys are fine with that. Perhaps they're not for metal though. What sort of music are you supposed to play on these?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    timhulio said:
    Do people buy super strats? Why wouldn't you get an Ibanez in this price range? Like you turn-up to metal rehearsal with a Harley Benetton that looks like stonewashed denim and all the metal guys are fine with that. Perhaps they're not for metal though. What sort of music are you supposed to play on these?
    Dorian noodling over a backing track on YouTube.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    timhulio said:
    It’s OK, metal guitars have always looked naff.
  • You can get a jackson sd for a similar price  I bought a brand new charvel pro mod for not much more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    You can get a jackson sd for a similar price  I bought a brand new charvel pro mod for not much more. 
    Aye, but you have to pay a lot more to get something with stainless steel frets and a Floyd 1000 (not the crap Special) from any of the usual suspects.
    Despite my snarky comment earlier, well done to HB (Thomann?) for this series. Just the components by themselves without the body and neck would be more than half the price of the guitar. An FR 1000 is over £200 on GAK. At this point I'll give the benefit of the doubt towards the pickups. They might be great, if not then it's still a wonderful modding platform.
    The HB name is still super naff, but whatever.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1844
    Is that the bloke from get me to the Greek?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    They do look like a great basis for a modding platform as you stated @carlos  the one with the Wilkinson could be a little stunner

• 2003amxl2003amxl Frets: 71
    Great seeing steel frets on budget guitars, hope they become standard.
  • rlaussatrlaussat Frets: 4
    edited March 2018
    Hi there! I've taken a closer look at the guitar and they look exactly like the Korean made Swing Modern: 
    http://www.swingguitars.com/xe/index.php?mid=electric_guitars_e&category=60480
    Even the headstock looks the same - I think the specs are identical, so maybe Thomann made a deal with Swing guitars - at least I can say it would be awesome, as I was looking into buying a Swing modern. Probelm was that Swing wasn't willing or able to provide the CITES certs for importing the guitar... you'll never get a piece of rosewood into Germany if you can't show the certificate...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    rlaussat said:
    Hi there! I've taken a closer look at the guitar and they look exactly like the Korean made Swing Modern: 
    http://www.swingguitars.com/xe/index.php?mid=electric_guitars_e&category=60480
    Even the headstock looks the same - I think the specs are identical, so maybe Thomann made a deal with Swing guitars - at least I can say it would be awesome, as I was looking into buying a Swing modern. Probelm was that Swing wasn't willing or able to provide the CITES certs for importing the guitar... you'll never get a piece of rosewood into Germany if you can't show the certificate...
    Good spot.  It doesn't seem the HB's will have RW fretboards but either normal/baked maple or ebony.

FWIW, it seems HB/Thomann will be selling guitars with stainless steel frets at prices not much more than a SS refret.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    Look very much like the Atlas guitars that were made by Rinton in Thailand...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    I've had a HB bass in the past which was amazing. even more so considering it was about 100 squeakers! 

I really like the look of these things!
    welshboyo said:
    Look very much like the Atlas guitars that were made by Rinton in Thailand...
    But these are much cheaper, right?