Harley Benton "Pro Fusion" new line Super strats

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be, being reliant on dodgy FR bridges - but they do look really nice.
    The FR 1000 is a very good trem, same spec and materials as the OFR just made in Korea.  To buy one retail is close on the price of a complete guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    edited July 2018
    Yeah the EVH branded one I had on a Wolfgang Special was great, that's a 1000 series. Not quite as good as a genuine Schaller but nothing at all wrong with it.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    The Wilkinson 2 point trem is probably one of the sweetest and most responsive Trems going, the whole package is excellent vfm and seems to backup the promise of when these models were first leaked
  • Good shout actually, not sure how I missed that.

The roasted maple version is definitely the best. Looking forward to how it pans out.
    edited July 2018
    Yeah that one would be my choice, just don't want 24 frets! Would prefer the Wilko trem as well as I have a Floyd guitar already.

• WildWayzWildWayz Frets: 90
    I have the roasted maple one on it's way - UPS are showing delivery date tomorrow, but I won't be home. Hope they leave it with a nieghbour, otherwise it is Thursday when the wife will be home :P
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    WildWayz said:
    I have the roasted maple one on it's way - UPS are showing delivery date tomorrow, but I won't be home. Hope they leave it with a nieghbour, otherwise it is Thursday when the wife will be home :P
    Get home at once!  I need to know what these are like :)
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1073
    WildWayz said:
    Very cool i look forward to checking out your NGD 

the only thing stopping me pulling the trigger on one of these is the Pup layout,i really wish they'ed have done a HH but with a SC size hot rail in the neck position...i guess i could get one then fill/recap/stain and re-finish the body...humm 
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    For me the problem with Harley Benton Fender style guitars is the fingerboard radius, they’re all at least 12 inches. As far as I’m concerned anything Fender with a fingerboard radius greater than 9.5 inches just don’t seem quite right. Shame really as HBs are quite well made and make great modding platforms, I’ve been tempted as even factoring in the price of a replacement neck and selling the original would  still make make some of them a viable proposition.
    Here we go!

A quick improve using my Helix LT - not a great player 
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That looks insane vfm just looking at the pictures. No idea how they're rocking them out for that price.

• How in the name of Guthrie are they making these at this price?????

plsase tell me they are complete dogs to play. Please!
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @WildWayz Looks great. Especially the satin neck. What's the issue with it that makes u say it isn't a great player? I see abit of a gap in the neck pocket under the fretboard in the last picture..
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4287
    Branshen said:
    @WildWayz Looks great. Especially the satin neck. What's the issue with it that makes u say it isn't a great player? I see abit of a gap in the neck pocket under the fretboard in the last picture..
    I think he's being modest and means himself, not the guitar.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

CHRISB50 said:
    Branshen said:
    I think he's being modest and means himself, not the guitar.
    Correct :) I have zero self esteem :)

The gap - didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Just got into work, so I can't check until tonight. 

The more I am playing it the more I am really liking it. The neck isn't flat like an Ibanez and isn't as round as a Fender. Kinda between the two. Maybe like a higher end Pacifica... the more I play it, the more the fretboard is feeling less 'scratchy' or dry. Could even be something from manufacturing on there?

I'm going to restring her and put those Hipshot Staggered tuners on, remove the retaining bar - and tidy up the nut.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    For stainless, the frets don't look very highly polished... or is that just a trick of the camera?
    Philly_Q said:
    For stainless, the frets don't look very highly polished... or is that just a trick of the camera?
    Probably the camera - wasn't too bright in my room...
  • "I'm going to restring her:#

Looks rather nice- my main guitar is a HB Te52. After a bit of TLC it's become a lovely guitar. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    I should be getting mine tomorrow - pretty encouraged by what I've read here.  The few niggles mentioned are things I can either live with or fix.  Not expecting anything approaching Suhr quality levels but it sounds as though it'll fulfil my needs (i.e. a light weight, versatile guitar I can throw in the back of the car for rehearsals) without making a serious dent in the house deposit I'm saving up.

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1073
    @WildWayz thanks for the pics,Looks like great VFM, Understandable that the fretboard feels a little dry (it is baked maple) but i'll also add all the HB guitars ive tried (all 6 from there tele's/LP/PRS'ish types myself or my dad have owned) have had overly dry fingerboards,on the rosewood ones ive used a bit of walnut oil and on the maple one a bit of osmo clear top oil 

@RedRabbit Also look forward to your feedback,Im still thinking of grabbing one of these and modding it to HS layout,its my Bday next month so i'll see if i can sneek one in then.