Randy Rhoads died 32 years ago today

What's Hot
not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great clip, Ozzy at his best and Rhoads of course pure class.

By all accounts a thoroughly nice chap too. Shame, shame, shame.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    edited March 2014
    What a player. Who knows how good he would have become and where guitar would be as a result. I've nearly blown many a hifi up by pumping the volume up for the fade out solo on "Tonight"... beautiful stuff.

God bless ya Randy.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266
    Recently watched God bless Ossy Osbourne on Sky Arts and the impact of his death on Ossy was huge.He seemed such a decent,genuine guy who Ossy considered a brother.Such a senseless way to go,and at his prime too.Great shame.

There's going to be one hell of a supergroup to look forward to when we all eventually croak.

Keep rocking Randy.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    He made a big impression on me in my early guitar wielding days when I heard the Solo after Suicide Solution on the Tribute Album.

He was a great player.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Bloody hell doesn't time fly when you are having fun?

Back then it was fun learning his licks from Mr Crowley and other tracks, hard work getting it nailed mind.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Mr Crowley blew my fucking socks off when I first heard it, absolutely amazing player. RIP.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Definitely @Bucket and I would have been roughly your age when learning to play it, I say play it but more approximating it in reality.

I was much shitter than you were a few years back being a hairy arsed aspiring rock guitarist an all.

I would bet my house on the fact you learned it way quicker than I back in the day. Ah simpler times for even simpler people.

:((

Well done getting your degree place BTW. Well deserved and I am sure you will smash it, good luck dude.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • r.i.p randy :-(
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305

Great player and more influential than people realise. Even people like Neal Schon cite him as the guitarist that made everyone sit up and listen and try and up their game. He paved the way and set the bench mark for a succession of Ozzy band guitarists, all good in their own way.

R.I.P

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Can't believe it was so long ago! I was 18.

Mind you, I never got into Randy's playing as I have never liked Ozzy.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    johnnyurq said:
    Definitely @Bucket and I would have been roughly your age when learning to play it, I say play it but more approximating it in reality.

I was much shitter than you were a few years back being a hairy arsed aspiring rock guitarist an all.

I would bet my house on the fact you learned it way quicker than I back in the day. Ah simpler times for even simpler people.

:((

Well done getting your degree place BTW. Well deserved and I am sure you will smash it, good luck dude.
    Wow awarded, as in "wow, thanks!" :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Awesome player but Christ he had awful tone.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Such a shame he left so young. He was one of the most amazing guitarists...RIP