Praise for Feline (and they give me a happy ending)

What's Hot
peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Feline guitars (i.e. the guitars they build), are often praised on here - quite right too, I own three and they're all stellar instruments.

Tail end of last year I documented a guitar I had bought from a 'respected' vintage dealer which wasn't as described, the reason I did that on here - was that I was doubtless swayed but his reputation and then wasn't as critical as I should have been.

The post on here was actually after all avenues of communication with him had been exhausted (not before), and was done to give an alternative view. Interestingly since then I've seen two guitars at dealers which I'd respect described in the same terms ('all original') that with my new-found knowledge I could easily spot.

Postscript on my complaint, after starting small claims court proceedings I got the compensation I was after, so took a while but got there!

Anyways - back to the reason for my post.

This weekend I picked up my 68/9 Tele from Feline, they have had the guitar for a while and have basically undone the 'damage', notably - new (unbleached) bone nut, fretboard re-lacquer and refret. And whilst I was there, I was persuaded to fit a new switch since the old one was unbelievably stiff.

At the same time I took one of my Felines for a little fettle and a switch change (just my personal preference).

What an experience! I was there for over 2 hours with both Jon and Tom working on my guitars, chatting away and generally just making it an exceptional experience - I felt like I'd have gladly stayed there another two hours just chewing the fat.

And the quality of the work on my old Tele is gob-smacking, it's gone from a guitar which I just didn't bond with and was absolutely going to put for sale on here, to one I just don't want to get rid of - it plays like a dream, looks wonderful (the tasteful re-lacquer has revealed a lovely honey maple neck) and sounds so much better than before, just amazing the difference new frets have made to the sound - it's full, lively and just a joy to play.

So thanks again to Jon and Tom, you're gents, and we're lucky to have people of this skill on here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    Great news all round. Pics please!! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Will do!
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I didn't realise they were running a massage parlour.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    Jack_ said:
    yeah i know Jon is good at stroking a neck, but didn't realise he was doing that too!!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited March 2018
    Disappointing that you had to initiate legal proceedings against David Pym in order for him to put it right, especially considering the non-originality was so obvious.

Jon & Tom at Feline are great guys - they're miles away from me but if I ever need anything doing on a guitar I ship it to Croydon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Not the first time someone’s got a happy ending in Croydon!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    edited March 2018
    poopot said:
    Not the first time someone’s got a happy ending in Croydon!
    Come on bud it's Croydon, they're rarely  happy!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    Jack_ said:
    Net time I visit one I'll ask how much for a "tasteful re-lacquer" ...

I visit them fairly often to be fair
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Bring it over!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    @FelineGuitars in “love you long time” shocker? 
    @Bucket coming on Thursday!

@Bridgehouse - rumour has it 'long time' isn't something you suffer from ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    peteri said:
    @Bucket coming on Thursday!

@Bridgehouse - rumour has it 'long time' isn't something you suffer from ;)
    Meh. Endurance is overrated.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You win! Brilliant!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Very nice. The ironic thing is that the refret is so good that it's actually *more* believable as original than the mess it was before. (Discounting the lack of lacquer build-up along the sides of the frets, which you would see on a Fender - but which some people find feels odd.)

Disappointing that the seller needed to be taken to court to get him to compensate you, but hopefully he may have learned something about misrepresenting a guitar now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM agreed but not a surprise. 

On that note thanks for your support and comments on the original thread, you gave me the kick to pursue it 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8790
    tony99 said:
    Net time I visit one I'll ask how much for a "tasteful re-lacquer" ...

That's extra.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    There's something about beautiful, polished frets against a lovely maple board that makes me feel funny inside.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4774
    Looks crack-a-lacking now and as ICBM says actually looks more original than before! Great job and glad you got everything sorted.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    Lovely fretjob from @FelineGuitars, looks stunning .  So pleased this turned out positively......even though it took more effort than it should.  Well done @peteri .
    No Darling....I've had that ages.