Jamie Carragher spitting

What's Hot
horsehorse Frets: 597
Anyone else think the footage looks like the driver was holding the phone which filmed it? Particularly at the end when he's saying 'nice'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 19429
    Who is this guy?
    Genuine question and I'm too lazy to google.
    I am the juice of four limes.
    Trading Feedback

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 200
    horse said:
    Anyone else think the footage looks like the driver was holding the phone which filmed it? Particularly at the end when he's saying 'nice'
    I don’t know, but I do know that spitting at someone who is pointing a camera at you when you’re a famous ‘celebrity’ on a lucrative contract with a major broadcaster is a pretty bad idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • markblagdonmarkblagdon Frets: 841
    horse said:
    Both sides had dubious behaviour, why you’d drive alongside someone and wind your window down to shout abuse at them while driving is beyond me. But Carraghers response shows how out of touch of what’s considered normal behaviour footballers are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 640
    3 questions after watching the the vid
    Who was holding the camera?
    Is spitting at someone not classed as assault?
    Is he wearing a seatbelt?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 3233
    Disgusting from Carragher, but the driver is a twat.

Provoked a guy, whilst filming everything, whilst driving, whilst having his daughter in the car.  Quality guy.

Both have acted like pricks.  Driver got what he wanted, money from papers and Carragher in trouble.  Hope he gets the points and fine.  I also hope Carragher gets in trouble for assault, but keeps his job.

(I'm a United fan btw, in case I sound bias).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 2518
    edited March 12
    In mitigation, I think you are liable to get covered in spit whenever Carragher is talking in your direction, so this incident might be considered as nothing unusual.

As a Liverpool fan, he really annoys me at times with some of the stuff he comes out with on Sky Sports, however he is probably the best pundit there, which is maybe just a sad indictment of the poor quality of the rest of them.... 

Hope he stays, but would be surprised if they can keep him after that...
    # Previously Stevieb76 on the old Music Radar #
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 2364
    Carragher has been in the public eye for years, moment of incredibly poor judgement from him there, probably will end his career as a pundit as well.

The driver sounds like a total asshat however, and as others say, hope the police nail him if he was holding the phone while driving.
    Warning: this post may contain overtly affectionate references to Mary Spender
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 745
    The most telling thing in that video is at the end when the daughter says something like “just stop it”

As @joeyowen says both Carragher and the dad acted like pricks.
    A nice chicken wrap, looovely lum’y lum’y chi’n
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2355
    edited March 12
    A twat goads a twat into acting like a twat.  Pretty much sums football up nowadays 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 2623
    The dad's a total cunt. He's goaded Carragher into reacting. The daughter's heard telling him to stop it. The dad is filming it on his phone, by the looks of it. Not condoning Carragher's reaction, at all. End of the day, he's a grown man, and he's made a choice to react. Only one I sympathise with is the girl.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • proggyproggy Frets: 2214
    Spitting at someone is a disgusting thing to do, no excuse for it. Carragher should have just rose above such trivial nonsense instead of behaving like a teenage thug.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • horsehorse Frets: 597
    Yeah, I wasn't meaning it made carraghers spitting any less revolting - just that sharing the footage seems to implicate the driver for a criminal act too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2055
    Fans have been excusing footballers spitting on the pitch for years, its no surprise one does it off the pitch too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 11482
    usedtobe said:
    The dad's a total cunt. He's goaded Carragher into reacting. The daughter's heard telling him to stop it. The dad is filming it on his phone, by the looks of it. Not condoning Carragher's reaction, at all. End of the day, he's a grown man, and he's made a choice to react. Only one I sympathise with is the girl.
    Totally agree. Carragher acted like a bell end, wind window up, turn music up, drive on. 

The dad, what a total asshole on every level. What a sh*t parent. JC will probably lose his job hopefully the dad will get hung out to dry by the papers as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • proggyproggy Frets: 2214
    horse said:
    Yeah, I wasn't meaning it made carraghers spitting any less revolting - just that sharing the footage seems to implicate the driver for a criminal act too
    Oh yeah, the driver was obviously a bit of muppet to say the least. The girl had more brains than the pair of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 5694
    Both classy guys, football demonstrating once again just how far we’ve come since the cave man. Both are getting too much air time and taking up too much oxygen IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 613
    In sport spitting does seem to be exclusive to footballers. I remember listening to an ear nose and throat consultant on the radio saying that spitting during physical exertion served no purpose and was unnecessary. You see them standing on the sidelines waiting to come on the pitch as substitute, spitting before they've actually done anything. Disgusting. Sums the game up really.  
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 2386

Horrible behaviour, but I don’t think it follows that one pundits behaviour necessarily speaks for all the players in the football league.  Not saying football players behaviour should be defended, but in this case let’s judge the individual, not everybody in his previous profession.

Especially when his colleage is doing things like this (which incidentally got less press that the incident here)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/12/gary-neville-hotel-for-homeless-was-purely-the-right-thing-to-do

Carrgher has always been a twat, to be fair.  He should be sacked, which is a pity as he’s a reasonable pundit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 4397
    Dirty cunt. I’ve never even contemplated spitting at anyone before - it’s disgusting.

I’d rather take a punch than someone else’s bodily fluids...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 16328
    The video clearly shows someone using a mobile phone in their hand whilst driving.

I am surprised the police aren’t “interested” given the coverage. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 5733
    Carra was stupid and undefendable, but the driver needs a good slap. It seems he has happily driven while filming on his mobile, with his kid in the car. He's then gone and claimed how upset his daughter is over it all when he put her in that situation, in fact he seemed over moon when he finally spat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 745
    underdog said:
    in fact he seemed over moon when he finally spat. 
    You can almost hear the “Kerr-Ching!” in his voice.
    A nice chicken wrap, looovely lum’y lum’y chi’n
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 832
    If you can be as big a shit as Andy Gray and keep working for Sky, this will only be a minor setback for Carragher.
  • Press are having a field day, with headlines saying he spat at 14 year old girl.

Not what happened at all... 

Horrible thing to do, but the driver seemed to be using his phone while driving, which should be looked into...
  • stevebrum said:
    Dirty cunt. I’ve never even contemplated spitting at anyone before - it’s disgusting.

I’d rather take a punch than someone else’s bodily fluids...
    This is exactly how I feel. I'd rather someone punched me. If I had ever spat even during any sport I competed in my mother would have torn strips off me. Spitting is absolutely vile, like the man himself. two odious cretins of the highest order. I feel sorry for the girl.
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1339
    The driver was stupid and irresponsible to do what he did, but what was Carragher playing at? If he’d just flipped them the bird it wouldn’t have been half as bad. What a fucking dick.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 6006
    All the scouse scum had to do was wind his window up. I do not want to ever hear his winiey whiney nasally ignorant tone again... Feel sorry for the poor girl innocently in the middle of both retards.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    All the scouse scum had to do was wind his window up. I do not want to ever hear his winiey whiney nasally ignorant tone again... Feel sorry for the poor girl innocently in the middle of both retards.
    Yes I agree I focused on the spitting yesterday but having now seen the video the driver is clearly a dick as well - not sure what powers the police have to retrospectively enforce when it comes to mobile phone use in cars.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 928
    57Deluxe said:
    scouse scum??????? are you referring to all scousers ?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 2386

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter