Speaker cables?

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
which ones do you use to connect your amp and cab? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1625

Well, fine if you think you need them but...Probable worst case scenario? 200W into 4 Ohms, 7 amps rms, in practice a lot less because the amp will not be at full chat 100% of the time.

More realistically 100W 4 Ohms, 5A rms. Much less for higher speaker impedances and lower amp power.

Orange garden mech' cable is rated at 6A iirc and is more than adequate for anything you can lift. 

Can't be arsed to look but I am pretty sure that 7A is above jack rating? Do yours get hot?

Dave.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72239
    1/4" jacks are rated for 6A.

Standard 6A 2-core power cable is ideal - at guitar amp power levels you won't need anything more or be able to tell any difference. Anything much bigger gets hard to get into the plugs anyway.

Use Neutrik NP2C or X plugs only if you can - they're better for speaker connections because they have no internal rivetted connections like other designs do, and a better cable grip.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    I use old electrical cable because it is cheap and works fine.
    octatonic said:
    I use old electrical cable because it is free and works perfectly.
    FTFY :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

I get Russ to make them for me..

http://www.russandrews.com/kimber-12tc-speaker-cable/

only £1000 per meter

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    ICBM said:
    octatonic said:
    I use old electrical cable because it is free and works perfectly.
    FTFY :)
    Are you the bugger who stole my old electrical cable?
    octatonic said:

Are you the bugger who stole my old electrical cable?
    Not unless you left it attached to a vacuum cleaner in a skip in Edinburgh about ten years ago :).

• kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    I dig a bit of lawnmower  cable for that tasty orange vibe! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mogami gold ones and also Planet Waves ones as well.