Wanted: gig or event on Saturday March 17th

What's Hot
robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
edited March 2018 in Live
I'm evacuating myself from home while my 10-year old twin girls have a sleepover with 6 of their friends on Saturday night.

I've been looking for a decent gig to go to - I'll be staying away so distance not too much of an object, although I'd prefer it were close-ish to York (within 100 miles/2 hours).

Anyone got any suggestions? I can't find anything - it's bloody St. Patrick's day so everywhere is just doing Guinness promotions!

R.

[trying a different category in the hope of eliciting a response...]
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31582
    Well I'm playing in Llandrindod Wells, but I wouldn't travel that far to see my band and neither should you. 
    :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Heh.

My current best option is a classical gig in Sheffield Cathedral.

I did see that John Cooper Clarke was playing Kendal but it's sold out and the wait-list is 77 names long!

R.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    Saturdays weather starting to look suspect so I won't recommend my Gig in South Woodham Ferris, deepest Essex.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    edited March 2018
    I should have thought that St Patricks Day being on a Saturday, would make the centre of York THE place to be.  I predict mayhem and lots of girls in very short green skirts.

Gary Numan in Middlesborough ?

Anton & Erin at the Barbican?  Stay in a hotel afterwards - the Churchill is nice

Police Dog Hogan at the Crescent Community Centre?  ditto

The Alabama 3 in Leeds?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    I precisely want to avoid St. Patrick's Day, esp. in the centre of York - horrible place, full of stag and hen parties, and race-goers (when the races is on).

I briefly considered Gary Numan, also Alabama 3. Don't fancy Police Dog Hogan.

Strictly No Ballroom.

It's a particularly barren day, for some reason.

R.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    I’ve got a gas leak, so supply is cut off until an engineer can get out to me on Sunday morning - so I’ll attend any old shite tomorrow - as long as it’s warm....