Sandwiches

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12313
    Philly cheese steak mmmmm, fishfinger sandwiches need lettuce and tartare sauce, I think its the law?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16629
    munckee said:
    Philly cheese steak mmmmm, fishfinger sandwiches need lettuce and tartare sauce, I think its the law?
    I will go with the tartare sauce as a fancy alternative to ketchup.... but lettuce????  No no no.  If anything green goes in it should be mushy peas ;)
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    I invented a great sandwich the other day... 4 rashers of hot crispy bacon, slices of on the vine tomatoes and a good helping of shredded iceberg lettuce alongside a good dollop of mayonnaise... all in between two slices of fresh white bread...

needs a name tho’ 

im thinking “poopots awsome sandwich”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited March 2018
    Bacon sarnie - Made with thick white Warbo’s, real butter, and middle-cut, rind-on shitbox bacon, with Heinz ketchup. None of your arty-farty hipster dry-cured, rindless, namby-pamby nonsense for me, thank you.

Confession - I love the shop-bought egg and bacon sarnies made with brown bread.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11857
    After going to Japan, Katsu Sando!

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    Something cosmic about the humble egg mayo sarnie.... For posh - homemade blt and if you want downright filth, it's the fish finger sarnie with red sauce
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13932
    I've had a few sandwiches handed down from my boss...shit sandwiches

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11857

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Simple humble sandwiches for me. Cheese, ham, tuna. Nice and easy. No rabbit food shit. I do enjoy a cheese, salami and beetroot every now and again though. Gives me wicked farts. 

What really winds Indy me up though is the posh idiots that go on about their smoked salmon with virgin Thai piss dressing and cream of mould spread open sandwich. For starters, stick your upmarket overpriced stuff in the bin. Then, realise there is no such thing as an “open sandwich”. It doesn’t exist. It’s impossible. It’s like saying she’s a nice Mansfield girl. Not happening. The difinition of a sandwich is, well to sandwich something. If it’s an open sandwich nothing is sandwiched. It’s some bread with stuff on it. Sort yourselves out you twats. Rant over. Off to make a corned beef and brown sauce sandwich! 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5400
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16077
    munckee said:
    My favourite is pastrami, gherkins, cheese and mustard mayo with a bit of dill.  Or homemade egg with salad cream which is superior to egg mayo I believe.
    That's proper....almost a Rueben but missing the little bit of Saurkraut
    Salt beef ,mustard and new green cucumber on Rye takes a lot of beating

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Simple humble sandwiches for me. Cheese, ham, tuna. Nice and easy. No rabbit food shit. I do enjoy a cheese, salami and beetroot every now and again though. Gives me wicked farts. 

What really winds Indy me up though is the posh idiots that go on about their smoked salmon with virgin Thai piss dressing and cream of mould spread open sandwich. For starters, stick your upmarket overpriced stuff in the bin. Then, realise there is no such thing as an “open sandwich”. It doesn’t exist. It’s impossible. It’s like saying she’s a nice Mansfield girl. Not happening. The difinition of a sandwich is, well to sandwich something. If it’s an open sandwich nothing is sandwiched. It’s some bread with stuff on it. Sort yourselves out you twats. Rant over. Off to make a corned beef and brown sauce sandwich
    That's my boy!  Corned dog FTW!  ;)

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    The problem with a lot of supermarket sandwiches is they cram too many things in.  Some of the best I've had are on the continent, where you just get some salami or cheese, and maybe a few pickles, in a freshly-baked crusty baguette with butter.

Closer to home:

Corned beef and pickle.

Egg mayo (as a variation, try it with a little marmite spread on the bread.  Seriously.)

At the other end of the scale, though, this:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    57Deluxe said:
    Looks disgusting!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11285
    I wish I had the contract to supply Pret with veg leaves. Every single fucking sandwich they sell has about half of what you'd expect in terms of filling, the rest is bulked out with tasteless leaves.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27946

What really winds Indy me up though is the posh idiots that go on about their smoked salmon with virgin Thai piss dressing and cream of mould spread open sandwich.
    Gawd yes. Over the years I must have met none of them.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    What's all this nonsense about 'open' sandwiches? How the fuck can a sandwich be 'open', when by it's very nature it's a filling sandwiched between two bits of bread? By that logic, an 'open' sandwich should be a filling (which is obviously not now a filling, it's a 'topping', with two slices of bread underneath.

• SporkySporky Frets: 27946
    Perhaps it is simply a term of convenience.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    What's all this nonsense about 'open' sandwiches? How the fuck can a sandwich be 'open', when by it's very nature it's a filling sandwiched between two bits of bread? By that logic, an 'open' sandwich should be a filling (which is obviously not now a filling, it's a 'topping', with two slices of bread underneath.
    So where do we stand on Club Sandwiches? I had one the other day which comprised no fewer than three slices of bread. Toasted, if you please.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer