SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tell me about: Analogman Chorus / Bi-Chorus

What's Hot
GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
Who has one? Any good? Anyone selling? 

WHAT GIVES?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    I would also love to know this!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3820
    I've just scored a mini. Currently a/b'ing it with a Boss CE2 Waza. Both excellent.
  • jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 141
    I’ve got a Bi-Chorus, actually put it back on my gig yesterday and gigged it for the first time in a while. It does sound very nice; more on the chewier side of things. Also does a nice rotary emulation at faster settings.

I even found myself enjoying it on a few solos on the gig (I rarely use modulation on leads), it was very cool on the Steely Dan tunes. Also sounded great on the Purple Rain rhythm parts.

Although I’ve generally been using the Red Witch Empress on the few gigs I’ve needed chorus on, they’re different enough to each other to justify keeping both. Think I’ll get the CE2 Waza too at some point and then I’ll be happy (more for the studio than anything else), but really I’d be very happy with the Bi-Chorus on any gig.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    An AM Chorus is my longest serving pedal (2003!), I’ve yet to find a chorus that sounds better to my ears and I’ve briefly owned some big hitters.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Got a hole burning in your pocket mate?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    Got a hole burning in your pocket mate?
    Just curious. Jamie was singing the praises of the KoT they have at the studio he works for. I’m not sure my hatred of the Analogman aesthetic would allow me to pull the trigger, but I am curious. 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    edited March 2018
    It depends on what you want from a chorus. It's not a Jazz Chorus/CE-2 sound, it's way more in the thick gloppy Small Clone type sound. Personally I'm more into CE-2 stuff for clean chorus'd sounds rather than the thick stuff. It's a good chorus, no doubt, but there are others I'd take ahead of it. 

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    Good. Do love my CE-2, just wondered if there was anything else to pay attention to while my board is in bits 
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    I've got an Analogman Chorus I was planning to stick on eBay this weekend - #32, if you care about such things - still with its box, manual and little cloth bag etc. Drop me a line if you're interested.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I've always preferred the small clone sound. Buy an used one for £40 then you can sell it for the same if you don't like it. I dont think you would lose any money.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I love my BiChorus. It is thicker, warmer, more organic and more wobbly than a CE-2 imo. The louder the volume, the more impressive the Bi Chorus gets. Really warm sounding. Mine doesn’t do that Eric Johnson subtle, transparent chorus. But it does thick wobbles better than anything else I’ve ever heard.