SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Looking for JBL LSR305 opinions on hiss

Hi

I want to move from my old Creative 4400 to something better for music, movies, maybe Kemper if I would buy one ;)

After hearing lots of comparisons I think I am going to buy JBL305
though one thing is bothering me, some reviews mention hiss (when audio is not connected at all) on these speakers

Do any of you have such speakers? How far from the speakers do I have to sit to not hear any noise?
I will be using them on my desk so it is quite important.

My current speakers are noisy too, but I cannot hear them from 60cm unless I turn my ear into their direction.

The others I considered were iLoud micro and Adam F5, but I didn't find many comparisons to F5 so it is a bit risky.
The guy who does a lot reviews told me that most active monitors have similar hiss so it is either this or some Edifier 2000db. I will also check my buddy Rookits
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    I make it 1 to 1.5m the hiss becomes indistinguishable from the hum of my pc.  Yes they are hissy monitors but it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
  • alseicalseic Frets: 4
    edited March 2018
    Bought them, I've tested them before buying but I was not aware that they do not play at all at setting below 2
    So I was like: wow, there is no hiss at all...also there the background in music shop was more noisy.

So yea, they are noisy
    But when I actually put the old, small PC speakers at the same height as JBL tweeters, the hiss was very similar, so they might be noisier but not exceptionally noisy, also JBL tweeter seems to spread the sound a bit more that in my old speaker so the hiss is audible at different angles contrary to my old speakers.

I've moved them back a little and I actually don't point tweeters at my ears - it still sounds better and yet hiss is not so annoying