NBD - the drunken purchase

TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2010
Got this off the evil that is bay the other night. The classic "Don't go on ebay drunk!" result, but this time I think it's turned out rather well, actually.

Had to do a three hour round trip to pick the damn thing up last night, but it's actually quite nice. Surprisingly light, but with a nice tone to it.

http://www.denniscopy.co.uk/img/Bassbody.jpg
http://www.denniscopy.co.uk/img/basshead.jpg

Not bad for 76 quid. They're nearly 200 new.
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2326
    Nice :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 554
    edited March 2014
    Looks good to me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    £76 is a steal for that. Even £200 new is a bargain. The pickups aren't the best but the body and neck are excellent so it's a great platform for upgrading.

Considering it was a pound less than my last Ebay drunken purchase - a Dunlop "Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Wah" which is actually a bad wah and a bad distortion in the same casing, and which I knew would sound crap even before it arrived, after I'd sobered up - I'd say it's even more of a good deal :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• It's actually about average from what I could tell from the other finished auctions - they were going from 62 to about 90, with most of them around the 80 mark, so I'm not unhappy with it. :-)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Nice work! Get your groove on ;)