SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1974 Fender Silverface Pro Reverb 40w 2x12 Combo Price Drop £800

What's Hot
Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
edited June 2018 in Amps £
I need to make space so it's time to move on my 1974 Silverface Pro Reverb. This is the more desirable pre '77 version before they installed a Master Volume and 70w Linear Transformer, so it has the circuit that's nearly identical to a Blackface.

From a practical point of view I'd say it sits somewhere between a Deluxe Reverb and a Twin, like a Super Reverb but in a 2x12 format. More clout than a Deluxe Reverb for gigging and less weight than a Twin. Plus being lower powered it starts breaking up beautifully when you push it at around 5 on the Volume, which isn't so loud it'll drown out the rest of the band. Beautiful Fender clean tones and lush Reverb and Vibrato as you'd expect. I like the Normal Channel too, it has a Bassman/Tweed type tone going on.

It's fully serviced and ready to gig. I recently replaced the old speakers (that were had become badly worn over time) with a pair of new WGS 12C's which sound superb. I spent some time researching what new production speakers would work best with this amp and the WGS came out on top. The old speakers that were in it will be included in the sale (I think one is a Jensen and the other is an Oxford). I've also had the foot switch updated with a new cable as the old one was acting like an antenna and picking up all sorts of interference noise that was audible as you cranked the Reverb. The original cable will also be included.

I'm looking to get £900 £800 or trade/part ex for the right guitar.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    Weekend bump. Any offers?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Could trade/px for the right guitar
  • chrisw67chrisw67 Frets: 29
    edited May 2018
    What guitar would you be looking to trade it for? I might be interested... (assuming the amp is still up for grabs, that is)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018
    Hi @chrisw67 ;;;Yes the amp is still up for sale. Guitar wise I'd be interested in:

American Vintage 70's Strat or a MIJ Gretsch Jet

...or try me with anything else interesting you may have
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Where are you based?
    @camf I'm in Exeter but occasionally travel up to the Midlands
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    edited May 2018
    No worries - too far from me. Good luck with the sale.
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Is this amp still for sale.
    Also other than the speakers, have any component changes been made to the amp?
    Thanks
    edited June 2018
    Yes, the amp is still for sale. With regards component changes, it has been serviced a number times whilst I've owned it (only ever by techs with great reputations) so I guess there are a few consumables that have been replaced over time to keep it sounding great and in good working order such as the input jacks on the Normal channel, caps, transformers and board are original though.

I'm happy to take some pictures of the board etc if that will be of any help, please let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like me to send detailed pictures of.

Cheers
    Still for sale
    Friday Bump. This is the same price as a used Reissue and in the words of Marvin Gaye “Ain’t nothing like the real thing”  :)
  • BachBach Frets: 11
    Hi, interested in a trade with a Dr.Z Srz-65 head?